PDA

View Full Version : Bullet Feeder Options for Small Pistol - .32

Rfeustel
03-11-2021, 10:53 AM
Hi,

I need a solution for putting small pistol bullets - .32 auto sized - into a case for seating and NOT doing it by hand with my fingers in the press. I fumble the little guys or pinch my fingers. I’ve considered the following and can’t figure whether any would work. A steer would be appreciated. I mainly plan to feed coated or JSP bullets. But an option for lubed cast lead would be great (unicorn?)

Mr. Bullet Feeder - I love my MBR and have it for multiple calibers for my auto presses. They don’t make a .32 sized dropper as far as I can tell (or plate).

RCBS - I didn’t see an option for a .32 sized collet for pistol. Maybe a rifle one would work, or perhaps pistol bullets are too short. Doesn’t look like lubed cast would work in this type of system. Maybe they do.

Open Bullet Seating Dies - I like these, for example the one from Ponsness Warren. All the ones I could find are for rifle bullets and specific calibers. Would a .308 bullet seating die work for .32 auto (also euro 7.65mm) sized bullets (.309-.312)? While this approach doesn’t have the benefit of a tube or a collator, it will save me from pinching my fingers.

Any wisdom would be appreciated. Maybe I just need to bell my cases more...

onelight
03-11-2021, 11:43 AM
You might just Flare the case enough so you don't have to manually guide the bullet into the seating die.