PDA

View Full Version : boolit Lube Mould for lyman lubsizer

Markopolo
03-10-2021, 03:02 PM
Hi there Brothers...

a few years back, one of our members was making and selling bullet lube molds for making lube with the hole in the center for the lyman lubrisizer.. anybody remember who that was???

i know how to make them, and can see our sticky that shows them and how to make... i am just looking to buy a nice one already made from a member... i know all about the different versions for DYI. if you can remember, please post!. I am thinking it was somebody skilled like Manny or somebody like that...

thanks,

Marko

JonB_in_Glencoe
03-10-2021, 03:13 PM
MOA makes the Base, the rest is stuff you provide.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?386147-Lube-Stick-Base-For-Making-Your-Own-Lube-Sticks

Mk42gunner
03-10-2021, 07:56 PM
I thought about making one, then realized that just melting the lube and filling the reservoir was just as easy. After cleaning the lube out of a few I don't plan to switch lubes in the machine very often, if at all.

Also I fill it after use so I don't have to wait to use it the next time.

Robert

reloader28
03-11-2021, 10:42 AM
I thought about making one, then realized that just melting the lube and filling the reservoir was just as easy. After cleaning the lube out of a few I don't plan to switch lubes in the machine very often, if at all.

Also I fill it after use so I don't have to wait to use it the next time.

Robert

Same here. Melt it in a cup on a cup warmer and pour it in

Markopolo
03-11-2021, 10:44 AM
i like long term storage...

thanks JonB!!!

Mk42gunner
03-11-2021, 08:42 PM
My long term storage plan, (and it has worked for several years) is to leave the bulk lube, FWFL if it matters, in a sealed plastic container. Think new cheap fake Tupperware. I nuke it when I need to pour some out to fill the LAM.

I also have some Gatofeo #1 in another container. Lube sticks do look more professional than a container of whitish or brownish wax though.

Robert