PDA

View Full Version : HM2 Mold sprew plate screw size ?

Wolfdog91
03-10-2021, 05:15 AM
So some how managed to break the sprew plate screw in my HM2 mold( still trying to figure that out) anyway anyone happen to know what size screw this is ? I work at lowes and hope I can fine a replacement there if not I reckon I'll just order one.

FLINTNFIRE
03-10-2021, 05:10 PM
When I need a screw I take item in and check it with the screws they have , HM2 , is no longer in business that I am aware of , I have 2 molds for 45 of there manufacture , I just checked it is #8-32 but when you look at the screw in your hand , which is same as mine it has a brass bushing around it , mine screws up and down except where the set screw is on side of mold , was set screw loose before you attempted to turn the sprue plate screw ? as mine has a divot into the screw and I do not think I ever tightened or adjusted mine . The set screw is a allen screw , funny thing is one of my NOE molds never got a set screw installed on sprue plate screw .

Hope that helps you should be able to get the right length which is 1/2 or probably more like 5/8 long , good luck .

Wolfdog91
03-10-2021, 11:21 PM
Exactly what I did. Couldn't find a shorter or mushroom style so guess these will work after I pop the bushing on ,might have to cut it down but that's no big deal. Manger about had a stroke when she saw me playing with a bullet mold in the store though lol