PDA

View Full Version : Uberti 1886 Sporting rifle

doulos
03-09-2021, 01:41 PM
Has anybody had any experience with one of these? Many people say they are manufactured by Pedersoli because of internet pictures. But a Uberti dealer told me that is not true. They are manufactured by Stoeger which is a subsidiary of Benelli . Beretta now owns Uberti, Benelli and Stoeger. Stoeger web site doesent mention a 1886 though.
Just looking for some real experience with them.

FLINTNFIRE
03-09-2021, 02:16 PM
I have a 1886 sporting rifle , pistol grip short magazine tube round barrel 45-70 marked Stoeger and A Uberti , as to who makes what for sure I have no idea , I see they look so identical , but I do not know and looking around I see the same guesses as you probably find on the internet , I do know the one I own is a very nicely fitted rifle .

When I asked for a owners manual as the one that came marked Uberti was for a 1873 , the rep. who got in touch with me sent me a parts schematic pdf. and it is marked Pedersoli so draw your own conclusions as from looking at them both they look identical .

Sorry I can not answer your question better .

Eddie Southgate
03-09-2021, 04:29 PM
Stoeger is an importer and as far as I know does not themselves manufacture anything .

doulos
03-09-2021, 04:47 PM
Stoeger is an importer and as far as I know does not themselves manufacture anything .
Their web site talks about their manufacturing process. It does not matter to me anyway. I only mentioned it because I just want to hear from those who have experience with these Uberti rifles.

FLINTNFIRE
03-09-2021, 06:37 PM
Pretty sure Bad *** wallace has some with longer magazines , my limited experience was it is a nice rifle and shot nice groups , looks nice to .

Tar Heel
03-09-2021, 06:53 PM
Every gun imported has two names engraved on the steel. The manufacturer and the importer. For example Pietta makes a gun and Cimarron Arms imports it. Both names are on the gun. I have an Uberti imported by Stoeger. I have an Uberti imported by Cimarron, I have an Uberti imported by Taylor's, I have a Pietta imported by Cabela's, you get the idea.

doulos
03-09-2021, 09:36 PM
Every gun imported has two names engraved on the steel. The manufacturer and the importer. For example Pietta makes a gun and Cimarron Arms imports it. Both names are on the gun. I have an Uberti imported by Stoeger. I have an Uberti imported by Cimarron, I have an Uberti imported by Taylor's, I have a Pietta imported by Cabela's, you get the idea.

Thanks
Does that hold true for muzzleloaders also? Because I have a Pedersoli .54 cal Hawken that only has the Pedersoli name on it. I bought it through Cherrys.

But Im not looking for info on who imported what. I only brought it up in my original post because many people say that the Pedersoli Far West is the same gun and I just wanted to hear some experience with the Uberti version.

indian joe
03-09-2021, 11:42 PM
Pretty sure Bad *** wallace has some with longer magazines , my limited experience was it is a nice rifle and shot nice groups , looks nice to .

I bet he does!!! one at least we saw pictures of
Pedersoli came first I think (at least in Australia) they were cataloguing it as 1886/71 and offered 45/70 and 348 chambers -- Uberti followed later with 45/70 chambering (maybe there is a 45/90 too) - lots of variants offered by one or both companies - black tacticool guns, with picasilly rails, 18' barrels. Just who makes what is proly gonna remain a mystery.

I have an Uberti 1876 - am told its got a pedersoli barrel - sounds right - it is a dam fine barrel and polished to the max out of the box.

My 1886 is a Chiappa, so flat springs, no lawyer junk on it and they say parts fit original, its a good shooter - had a serious glitch when I got it (second owner) - fixed - its all good.

Can replace magazine tube on these with 18mm chinese curtain rod, its thinner wall but it fits the rings neat as can be .

Bad Ass Wallace
03-10-2021, 04:58 AM
Yep! my 1886 is a Pedersoli sporting rifle with 26" octagonal barrel! Just a delight to use and has never malfunctioned in 5 years. A chamber cast of the chamber and muzzle shows that it wears the Pedersoli tapered depth rifling (approx 1.5thou) just like all their 1874 sharps models

https://i.imgur.com/Uqbe3sJ.jpg

100yds with issued open sights and 420gn cast boolit

https://i.imgur.com/43o42Ci.jpg

rondog
03-10-2021, 07:02 AM
My Uberti/Cimarron 1873 Deluxe Long Range Sporting Rifle is the prettiest, highest quality shootin' iron I've ever owned! .45 Colt w/30" octagonal barrel.

doulos
03-10-2021, 10:46 AM
Yep! my 1886 is a Pedersoli sporting rifle with 26" octagonal barrel! Just a delight to use and has never malfunctioned in 5 years. A chamber cast of the chamber and muzzle shows that it wears the Pedersoli tapered depth rifling (approx 1.5thou) just like all their 1874 sharps models

https://i.imgur.com/Uqbe3sJ.jpg

100yds with issued open sights and 420gn cast boolit

https://i.imgur.com/43o42Ci.jpg
Thats some real good shooting with open buckhorns!

doulos
03-10-2021, 03:21 PM
My Uberti/Cimarron 1873 Deluxe Long Range Sporting Rifle is the prettiest, highest quality shootin' iron I've ever owned! .45 Colt w/30" octagonal barrel.

Thats a real nice looking rifle.

Tar Heel
03-10-2021, 05:23 PM
Thanks
Does that hold true for muzzleloaders also? Because I have a Pedersoli .54 cal Hawken that only has the Pedersoli name on it. I bought it through Cherrys.

But Im not looking for info on who imported what. I only brought it up in my original post because many people say that the Pedersoli Far West is the same gun and I just wanted to hear some experience with the Uberti version.

No. While muzzleloading firearms are still considered firearms by the BATF, they are UNREGULATED firearms and therefore the importer name is not required to be on the steel frame. Of course the manufacturer name will be there since they want you to know who built the firearm.

indian joe
03-10-2021, 05:57 PM
No. While muzzleloading firearms are still considered firearms by the BATF, they are UNREGULATED firearms and therefore the importer name is not required to be on the steel frame. Of course the manufacturer name will be there since they want you to know who built the firearm.

!!! we learn something every day --aussie import has a smothering of regulation but dont require importer stamp on the frame --I thought that was just bragging rights by your importers --ie a Cimmarron/Uberti was a better grade than a plain cleanskin one ...

doulos
03-10-2021, 06:25 PM
Thanks