PDA

View Full Version : RCBS loading dies??

leadhead
03-05-2021, 05:58 PM
Does RCBS still make the cheaper RGB dies? I bought a set of 30/06 dies years ago
and there were the cheaper ones. Now I find the expander ball is to small for the
cast bullets I want to use. I guess I'll have to look for another set of dies. I have
bigger expander balls, but they won't work in the cheaper dies. It's the same setup
as Lee dies with the rod that slides in a collet if it meets resistance.
leadhead

Faret
03-05-2021, 06:08 PM
If I am not mistaken those were called Reloader Special Dies. Took a headed decaping pin also. I would look for a larger button from a 7.62x39? Maybe call RCBS?

Harter66
03-05-2021, 07:49 PM
I recently was gifted a 223 die from that series , a Messenger inquiry about the age of the dies . 2-3 exchanges and 4 days later I had new production parts in the mailbox . They included a new rod w/ expander ball and headed pin , replacement decapping rod bushing , lock nut , and 5-6 new decapping pins no charge .

I'm sure you could request a .311 expander for 303,7.7, and assorted 7.62s and the retrofit parts kit .

earlmck
03-05-2021, 08:09 PM
Sounds like Harter66 has the right idea -- sweet talk the RCBS folks a bit. Around here the cases get hit with the Lyman "M" die along the way and the original expander ball size is irrelevant.

leadhead
03-05-2021, 09:34 PM
I hear trying to contact RCBS is near impossible. I e-mailed them a couple months ago about something
and I'm still waiting for a response.
leadhead

Mk42gunner
03-05-2021, 09:43 PM
Lee made the RGB dies, I have a couple of the two die rifle sets, they work fine. they came just the two dies in a greenish flat box, didn't have the shelholder or powder dipper.

RCBS made the Reloader Special dies, they came in a blister pack but worked as well as the ones in the box. Other than the missing box, I'm not sure of any difference with their high dollar versions.

Robert

gpidaho
03-05-2021, 09:48 PM
leadhead: I really like the Noe expanders that fit in the Lee universal expander. You can chose the neck size you want to the one thousandths of an inch. Gp

leadhead
03-06-2021, 10:13 AM
Robert.... Your right on the die sets. I have a bad case of CRS lately. I don't remember
where I got this die, but it works fine except for the expander ball.
gpidaho.... I make my own expanders. That was not the problem. I just wanted a die
that I can change the ball if I want to.
leadhead