PDA

View Full Version : Reloading supplies

trapper9260
03-04-2021, 06:48 AM
I just want to thank for the that have there ads on this site . One of them had the reloading kits that one of my sisters needed when she could not get it from anyone else in the country. It is Reloading UK they had what she needed. all in stock. It is sad you need to go out of the country to find what you need . As for powder and primers, it is not worth to get them out of the country for what it will cost with the haze mat fee . Also thanks to one poster on about one site to watch out for not have things in stock or take a long time to if you will ever get it . Thanks all. My sister never done reloading and I know she got in late in it so I just help her to get what she needs. You all help. Thanks

contender1
03-04-2021, 10:23 AM
In general,, veteran gun folks are among the best, most honest & helpful folks around. And in today's atmosphere, with all the shortages, & all associated issues,, good folks seem to stand out even more.

Sadly, there seems to be an influx of "new" gun folks in some places that are not quite the same as the veterans. I found a local forum recently,, thought I'd join, & hadn't been there long,, and saw a "need." I tried to offer some ammo for a fair price,, (considering the current economy) and just because I was new,, I got a lot of flack. Apparently,, many of that site's old timers felt I must have been a "armslist" seller who joined just to sell stuff. I politely pulled my offer,, and let it be known to a few that I'd been judged w/o facts.
And in looking at that forum, I saw language & pictures that weren't "family friendly."
Now, I'm not personally offended,, but I look at a bigger picture. I look at the fact we have a LOT of new gun owners,, and many of them are women. That forum is NOT a good representation of true gun folks. And I noticed a lot of the regulars there are more into "black, plastic, tactical" types of stuff. Not much SERIOUS gun information or help there. Casting stuff,, very, very limited. Nothing about muzzleloaders of any kind.
So,, I don't waste a lot of my time there.

But I do have 3 Forums I truly enjoy visiting daily if possible. And this place is one of the 3.

Why?

Because of exactly what you posted.

trapper9260
03-07-2021, 06:54 AM
I know some sites are best to stat off of because of like you stated contender . I have better places to be on then on those for how many can be . I learn alot off here and another site. I been at this for some years and learn on my own from the manual before the internet . Now it is easy to find more information to learn from and sites like this helps alot.