PDA

View Full Version : Scam Alert

Thundermaker
03-01-2021, 05:34 PM
These guys are posing as a gun shop in Marietta, GA. The site is fake. This business doesn't exist. When you call them, you get a message from Google voice. After that, the number will call you back, and some foreign guy, claiming his name is James, will repeatedly ask you if you can hear him. He wants you to say "yes", so he can steal your voice. Spread the word. Here's the site.

https://firearmssuppliers.com

Hogtamer
03-01-2021, 08:28 PM
Thundermaker: My name is Rowland and all my kin came from Cordele.

Thundermaker
03-01-2021, 09:09 PM
Thundermaker: My name is Rowland and all my kin came from Cordele.

I work with a Rowland in Warner Robins. I don't know any in Cordele.

MaryB
03-02-2021, 01:55 PM
Google earth the address, there is a gun shop 3 numbers off their address in the web site, bet they hope people don't notice that discrepancy!

Conditor22
03-02-2021, 01:59 PM
there are also many fake (of Chinese origin) sites selling reloading/casting equipment. IF it looks too good it usually is. Google the site before you buy.

Handloader109
03-02-2021, 04:34 PM
just be real careful about using a shop you are not familiar with. I get on mewe every now and then and half the posts are complaining about scammers and listing scammers. some idiot was supposedly selling 3 cz scorpions that were full auto. another selling 9mm bulk in discrete packaging for 40 cents a round. Neither of those make sense...be careful.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Gator 45/70
05-30-2021, 08:26 AM
How exactly can these shysters' steal you're voice by simply saying ''yes'' Would you're voice be computer generated by a machine on the next shysters call?

snowwolfe
05-30-2021, 10:02 AM
How exactly can a scammer use the word yes to their advantage?

kelli
05-30-2021, 10:29 AM
Another scam with fake e-commerce sites: they only take paypal, then they ship an empty box by USPS to an address in your zip code (but not your address)

When you dispute the charge with paypal because you never got the item, they provide the tracking number showing the item was delivered to someone in your zip code and paypal denies the claim.

When you appeal the paypal decision, they require you to provide a USPS "intranet form" that will show the item was mailed to a different address from yours, but this paper is nearly impossible to obtain.

thegatman
05-30-2021, 11:08 AM
Thanks for the heads up.