PDA

View Full Version : Browning BPCR in 40-65.

kb1903
03-01-2021, 11:33 AM
I have been using a Hoch nose pour mold that puts out a nice accurate bullet at about 430 grains. Some corrosion has caused the mold to cast ugly bullets. I am looking at replacing the mold. I'm thinking of a Snover type bullet. Do any of you more knowledgeable people than me have any suggestions on a good mold. I use smokeless powder, SRF4759. Thank you. Ken. e mail: kb1903@comcast.net.

oley55
03-01-2021, 10:49 PM
I think (?) this section "frequently asked questions" is more about how the forum works rather than specific reloading/casting questions. You will probably get some responses if posted in "Molds...Maintenance and Design", or similar.

Just a friendly observation on my part, and welcome to the forum.

No_1
03-02-2021, 08:45 AM
Thread moved.

redneck1
03-02-2021, 01:31 PM
This might sound like a dumb question , but have you tried shooting the ugly bullets ? You have a good mold and sometimes looks aren't everything .

Mk42gunner
03-02-2021, 08:26 PM
This might sound like a dumb question , but have you tried shooting the ugly bullets ? You have a good mold and sometimes looks aren't everything .
This makes sense to me. As long as you can get them in and out of the lubrisizer, I'd try them before buying another mold. Unless you just want an excuse to buy a new mold, in which case as long as you aren't taking food out of your kids' mouths, have at it.

Robert

rintinglen
03-11-2021, 11:58 PM
With childhood obesity being what it is, buy the mold.:kidding:

farmbif
03-12-2021, 10:35 AM
I say buy a new mold and shoot the ugly ones for added fun and adventure too.
we've been blessed in the past couple decades with an abundance of very high quality custom mold makers over the past decade or so and it only make sense to support them