PDA

View Full Version : Finally got the Henry Golden boy I always wanted.

Winger Ed.
02-26-2021, 08:25 PM
Awhile back, I more or less got away from shooting and reloading.
I sold or placed most of the guns and reloading gear.

A few years ago, I got a deal on a almost unfired, 1977 issue, Colt SP1. Then bought a case of ammo for it.
Since I got back into shooting, I have reloaded up more .223s than I'll ever shoot in it.

With the ammo shortage, I figured it'd be a good time to sell the 900 rounds of factory .223 I still had in sealed boxes.
Went to the local gun store, asked the owner to make me a offer for in store credit.

As with any bargain, we both felt we'd gotten the best part of the deal.

I have the fancy model Golden Boy I've wanted since they came out, and I was never willing to spend the bucks on.
Plus, 3 pounds of Reloader 7, one of those six hole case checker things I couldn't ever bring myself to spend $35. on,
and a gently used RCBS .45Long Colt sizing die.

It was a good day.

Bazoo
02-26-2021, 08:37 PM
Awesome. I had a golden boy bout 13 years back. It shot real good, but I traded it. Only thing I didn't like about it was the comb was too low for my tastes. I shot it a couple happy years anyways. The receiver is brass plated, and after removing the screw a few times, the plastic stared to flake there.

I did have an issue with extraction, though I can't remember the remedy. I think, I removed a bit of material from the extractor slot.

BFJ
02-26-2021, 10:13 PM
I have had a Golden Boy since 2004. Super great looking wood, shoots outstanding. Enjoy your GB.

Hickok
02-27-2021, 11:32 AM
My guest is the Henry Big Boy steel .44 magnum carbine, side-gate. Trying to find one in WV.

I shall endeavor to persevere!:bigsmyl2: