PDA

View Full Version : Anaconda

JRLesan
02-25-2021, 08:54 AM
I am currently looking for one with ORIGINAL wood grips. Anyone out there know for certain if the pre 'custom shop' ones ond post 'first edition' ones were available that way; as in "I bought one back in '94' NOT 'I heard so and so got one from so and so that way. A search of the internet yields no concrete proof. I know I can add original grips after the fact and I might consider that if the originals did not come with anything other than (ugly) Hogue rubber ones...

Nobade
02-25-2021, 09:51 AM
I am not happy that modern pop culture has caught up to me. When I read the thread title I first thought about that stupid song rather than a Colt revolver. I need to go hide out in the woods for a while. Plus I'm no help on the original question anyway. I'll just go away now...

Mal Paso
02-25-2021, 11:00 AM
The rubber "Combat" grips were a joke. Who on earth would put the seam where the 2 ends meet over the backstrap where it can pinch your palm every time you fire?

Good Luck!

blackthorn
02-25-2021, 01:28 PM
I am not happy that modern pop culture has caught up to me. When I read the thread title I first thought about that stupid song rather than a Colt revolver. I need to go hide out in the woods for a while. Plus I'm no help on the original question anyway. I'll just go away now...

My first thought was SNAKE!

Smoke4320
02-25-2021, 01:35 PM
and colt is now owned by a Czech company CZ

jim147
02-25-2021, 01:46 PM
I heard a rumor yesterday that CZ wait to bring that pistol back.

Tripplebeards
02-25-2021, 01:51 PM
I bought two brand new of the 8 3/4” ported versions in the 90’s. I still have one. The other was stollen. I bought a wood grip with a lazer made out of balli wood back around 00’. It looked goofy so I sold off the grips years ago. I just bought a replacement pair of longer rubber pacmeyer grips to fit my hand. They don’t look any better than the originals but at least I can get a complete purchase on them with all four fingers now. The original ones are way to small. I don’t remember an anaconda ever offered with wood grips. I wonder if colt sold them separate at the time just like Ruger does now.

BrutalAB
02-25-2021, 06:34 PM
Are you saying that... silicone (and rubber) parts are made for toys and your anaconda dont want none?

Ed K
02-25-2021, 07:08 PM
I had one in 45 Colt with wood grips.

CLAYPOOL
02-26-2021, 01:10 AM
MINE is in a lock box at the bank...too valuable....

wildwilly
02-26-2021, 02:23 AM
I own an Anaconda 45 Colt, 4" bbl., bought in '94. I do not recall seeing specs., or pics showing Anacondas with wood grips in their brochures. I have seen at one time or another Anacondas (NIB) offered on GB with wooden grips, but I can't tell if they are original to the firearm.

Ed K
02-26-2021, 08:47 PM
I had one in 45 Colt with wood grips.

I do not know for a fact that mine was factory original. It was purchased used (99%) from a local dealer. And that's the truth :razz:

Gone now, but if I knew then what I know now. I would have rechambered a 44 mag cylinder for it. It originally had a 45 Colt cylinder with 0.487" case chamber diameters and almost 0.458" rifle diameter throats.

monadnock#5
02-27-2021, 03:17 AM
My first thought was SNAKE!

Yeah, I thought we headed for the Everglades!

Tripplebeards
02-27-2021, 09:48 AM

Even though you see ridiculously listed prices on GB they have been selling on average over the last couple of years for $1500 to the right buyer. I have seen a couple sell for alot more money when you get a bidding war. I have several firearms worth 5 to 6 times, if not more, than the Anaconda. They all sit in my 1000 pound when empty fireproof safe along with a home security system, myself, and a large dog.

Randy Bohannon
02-27-2021, 10:13 AM
Anaconda production guns all came with Hogue rubber , custom shop guns got wood combat stocks if requested. The Grizzly was the same frame as the Anaconda that nice target stocks that fit the Anaconda were available. I have had all three on my mine with the Grizzly target stocks being the best of all of them all. Pictured wood combat , better than the Hogues.

Mal Paso
02-27-2021, 10:42 AM

Too bad. I take mine for walks in the woods and to the range. It's one of the most accurate guns I own.

I traded out the Hogues for Pachmyer.

JRLesan
02-27-2021, 07:01 PM
Thanks for the info, Randy. I pretty much supposed that the 'pre custom shop' A's were rubber Hogues. I'll have to look at my stainless Python sometime soon. I bought that back in the '80's when they first came out and I don't remember if it came with rubbers or wood...