PDA

View Full Version : USPS mail delay

abunaitoo
02-25-2021, 05:02 AM
I have some stuff coming, so I check everyday.
Just noticed a "Due to severe weather, packages may be delayed."
According to the tracking, it's suppose to be delivered yesterday.
But is delayed.
But my amazon order came in less than a week.
I know the USPS tracking is kind of a joke, but it's something.

M-Tecs
02-25-2021, 05:42 AM
I have a check out that should have arrived 3 or 4 days ago. I am waiting on a FedEx that is a couple of days past delivery date.

JimB..
02-25-2021, 07:03 AM
We still mail some checks to pay bills, it’s like they all evaporated last month.

Coopaloop86
02-25-2021, 07:44 AM
I have packages mailed from friends that are now 2-3 weeks old but Amazon keeps coming in. It makes zero sense to me.

Shawlerbrook
02-25-2021, 07:55 AM
It almost seems like the USPS is prioritizing Amazon and then delivering the rest as time and resources permit. Our small local PO is chock full of Amazon packages.

ButchC
02-25-2021, 08:00 AM
In some areas Amazon runs their own delivery vehicles. But even when they don't the turnaround they can pull off is nuts.

With USPS orders from half way across the country, five days late, weather delay and no updates; orders from the west coast are as scheduled.

After an entire day of sitting in the mailbox, I ended up hand delivering my mail to the post office, hadn't received deliver by evening of that second day. I guess these days daily pickup is "optional" even when the last weather was a week back. Adding insult to injury, I've had delays in receiving shipping label QR codes via email (though with ebay involved, who knows). Man it's frustrating.

bosterr
02-25-2021, 08:18 AM
I bought some scope rings from eBay and tracking showed they went through the accepting PO 2/17 and no movement since. I see the same weather delay warning. Day of delivery is long past.

Thundarstick
02-25-2021, 08:29 AM
I didn't receive mail for a week! Yesterday I was talking to my mail carrier, and asked if he was just scared to try and go into the deep snow at the mall box, he said the local office hadn't gotten a delivery truck in 4 days! I noticed the USPS don't use that old slogan about nothing stopping the US mail!

Ickisrulz
02-25-2021, 08:47 AM
I've had a FedEx package sitting in PA for over a week. There are lots of things lacking on the shelves of our Walmart. I surmise the big trucks aren't moving. Like others here, our Amazon packages are arriving in a timely manner.

MrWolf
02-25-2021, 09:16 AM
Had several times where our small post office never got a delivery from the hub. Everyone blames covid first, then the weather. I have packages that have sat in the PA hub for weeks. Ridiculous.

ioon44
02-25-2021, 09:27 AM
I have a package that has sat in NC for 5 days according to the tracking, I have no idea when I will receive it.

rbuck351
02-25-2021, 11:09 AM
I have a package coming that was sent on the 16th. It went to Chicago on the 17 and has been sitting there since. Yesterday I went to the local PO and asked why it hasn't moved in a week. She started with covid, then the weather, then she said they are now filling trailers with mail going from one hub through another hub to a third hub without it being scanned at each hub so they don't know where mail really is.

I sent a PO MO to a member here for some goods but after a week with no package on the way I sent a PM and he still hasn't received the MO. USPS sucks.

UPS and Fed Ex stuff is still coming as normal.

contender1
02-25-2021, 11:15 AM
I too have a package "in route" according to the USPS.
It was SUPPOSED to be here last week. I think I recall the delivery day WAS scheduled for the 17th. Still "in transit." The first notice said it "would be late" and then it changed to a different message.
Yet,, I've mailed other stuff,, AFTER it was supposed to be here,, and that stuff has already arrived at it's destination.

Apparently,, some USPS places are so overwhelmed,, combined with whimpy attitudes,, that the service is basically gone down the tubes.
Just yesterday,, one of our local carrier guys,, I saw him in the PO,, and he made a comment; "This job isn't anything like it was when he first started."
Luckily,, at my PO,, we have some fairly good folks. But the SYSTEM,, especially the hubs & such,, has gone to crap. When the USPS "downsized" and reduced the number of hubs,, it started. And the "fix" has NOT worked.

farmbif
02-25-2021, 11:19 AM
will be interesting to see what happens with Biden ousting usps board of governors who will in turn replace postmaster general.
hope it don't get no worst

AZ Pete
02-25-2021, 11:44 AM
I have several packages that have been in transit for over a week, some showing no movement for days at a time...Which begs the question "where is USPS warehousing all of these packages?"

Burnt Fingers
02-25-2021, 12:08 PM
It took UPS two weeks to deliver an "overnight" package to me, it arrived yesterday.

My mold from MP is being delivered by USPS today. It was ordered Monday,

Last week Amazon didn't deliver anything. This week they dumped it all on the Postal Service.

SeabeeMan
02-25-2021, 12:11 PM
We actually had a package show tracking information for a location it was never at:

Shipped from Indiana
Arrived at Indianapolis the next day
2 days later it arrived in Minneapolis
1 day later it Arrived in Oak Creek, WI (where most of our packages go through a day or 2 before delivery)
1 day later it arrived back in Minneapolis
Literally 1 HOUR LATER is was scanned back in Indianapolis
Then it was delivered the next day.

Handloader109
02-25-2021, 12:44 PM
Well, I've not had any issues with USPS until about 2 weeks ago and a bunch of shipments just ground to a halt. This was before the storm.
I also had a UPS shipment that got hung up for 10 days at my local terminal because of the storm.... still waiting on a small package for my wife USPS from the DC area that should have made it by Friday or Saturday latest..... oh well

jim147
02-25-2021, 01:54 PM
I have two UPS supposed to come in tomorrow. One is on the truck out for delivery. The other is on the way to the hub before mine so should be here tomorrow. I have my driver in my phone. If he has a problem he will text me to let me know. That's service you don't get everywhere.

I'm going to my friends Saturday to use his tire machine. If his wife is home I'll ask her about USPS. She works for them.

Norcal707
02-25-2021, 01:56 PM
Bought a used Dillon SS 600 from a guy in Texas. Shipped out Priority Mail on the 13th and didn't arrive til the 23rd. Tracking did not update until the day before delivery. Glad I didn't have to deal with USPS over a lost package/insurance as I hear that can be a nightmare.

Tripplebeards
02-25-2021, 01:58 PM
I had some guaranteed Usps deliveries that showed out for delivery three days in a row and then rescanned a few hours later each day saying they just arrive at my post office. Then they would get scanned as a failed delivery attempt. I called the post office and asked if could drive down and pick them up. I was told they would call me back in a few minutes once they got my packages together. Never got a call back in an hour and a half later my packages were delivered. I confronted the mailman who dropped it off which I’ve known for about 30 years and he told me that they had eight employees quit on them and go to work somewhere else so no one was delivering my mail. They are still delivering my mail once every three days! I shipped a muzzle loader the other day with FedEx and it ended up at the persons doorstep the following day I’ll stick with them for packages from now on.

AndyC
02-25-2021, 01:58 PM
I mailed some gas-checks in a trade to a forum-member here on the 9th Feb to AZ - his to me arrived before expected, but he just msg'd me to let me know they arrived there (finally!). 16 days from TX to AZ - would have been faster by pony.

rbuck351
02-25-2021, 04:29 PM
Where they are storing all the mail is in trailers parked at hubs according to my post office.

slim1836
02-25-2021, 04:42 PM
I have 6 packages "in Transit", non of which are on time.

The workers in the post office are nice as can be here but USPS just plain sucks with their delivery schedules now a days.

Slim

Thundarstick
02-26-2021, 06:29 AM
Geezer alert!

I'm sure I'm not the only one who remembers when you filled out an order form (paper) put a check or MO in with it, slapped a stamp on it, and put it in the box with the red flag up. Then you waited, and waited! Weeks would go by, maby a month, then one day, there it was in the mail, or on the back step! No tracking, no nothing, just faith that one day what you ordered would arrive. [smilie=w:
If it took longer, you would never really know why, it just did!

marlin39a
02-26-2021, 07:19 AM
I had been waiting on a package from the east coast for 15 days. Tracking number showed nothing. It showed up yesterday. That’s USPS. But FedEx ground is worse. My last delivery had showed it being out for delivery for 3 days. I’m currently waiting on a Fedex. They keep moving the delivery back. Just a real mess right now.

GasGuzzler
02-26-2021, 07:41 AM
My SFRB they lost in November never showed. My claim was denied, the insurance did not even reimburse for the postage.

They picked up another SFRB from me on 2-16 and it never showed to have left my PO but my PO says it left for Ft. Worth despite not being scanned. Ft. Worth says they never got it...

RobClarke
02-26-2021, 09:11 AM
stuff from Tx and OK to the east coast taking a long time probably weather related. I am waiting on a chamber checker I want, guess I have to pull the barrel if I am going to roll before next week....

Petrol & Powder
02-26-2021, 09:47 AM
Delivery systems such as USPS, FedEx, UPS are HUGE and complex. I think it's good to remember just how big these systems are. They are big chains made up of lots of links and like any chain, they are only as strong as the weakest link.
I am still amazed that I can send a letter or a package across the country in a few days for fractions of a penny per mile. We may have become a little spoiled with our incredible first world delivery systems.

Weather delays are nothing new, they have always occurred and always will.
No amount of automation will eliminate human error. And when you look at the total numbers, the human error is actually pretty insignificant.

I do believe that COVID is taking a toll but not in the way many think. I believe people are just worn down by the overall stance that has been taken. When you put your workers in masks - productivity is going to drop. When you encourage workers to stay home when they have any sign of illness (which is always a good idea) - productivity is going to go down. When you put large portions of your administrative staff in a "work from home" posture - productivity is going to drop. When you force parents to take over child care and education that they had planned for others to handle while they went to work - productivity is going to drop.

I think Americans did an incredible job of coping with the ridiculous government mandates due to COVID but they are WORN DOWN. We are looking at a year of crippling regulation and people are reaching their breaking point.

Some industry is starting to push back at this fabricated notion of the "new norm".
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-56192048

In the meantime, delays in USPS and other huge systems are unlikely to be a permanent state of affairs.

Burnt Fingers
02-26-2021, 12:06 PM
Fedex was supposed to deliver my new kilt yesterday. It didn't show up. It's rescheduled for today.

Rockzilla
02-26-2021, 02:07 PM
Let's see here...
Received coupon for 20% off purchases valid 12-11-2020 thru 12-30-2020 came Feb 20, 2021
Order from Midwest Gunworks took almost 8 weeks sat in Baltimore Md. distribution center 3 of them

Ordered a Raspberry Pi4 Board Delaware (FEDEX) went to Pittsburgh, then Tenn where it sat for almost 4 weeks
vendor did track n trace, gave me the number called FEDEX 10-days later, no record, not number, no package,
contacted vendor, they called FEDEX, was told package lost..Vendor sent replacement (USPS) went N.J bounced
around back n forth missing Maryland finally landing in Baltimore, Md.. sat there for 3 days, meantime the "lost"
FEDEX package showed up, looked like some one stepped on it (big ole footprint on package)
Ordered some more parts from Ca. they sat there for 3 weeks, went from one part of the map to another..reminds me
of those pictures you see of luggage with all those stickers from different places.

Talked to several vendors the Mid Atlantic side is the worst...but its pretty amazing the Amazon packages
get through...except when they try to delivery it 3 times about 80 miles away from where you live...

and that USPS tracking utility that you can use to see your mail and packages arriving...well that
ain't it either, checked it last week and said "NO" packages...guess what ??? Packages..

-Rock

abunaitoo
02-26-2021, 07:42 PM
I made an order with amazon on the 25th.
Shipped from colorado.
It got to kakafonicate on the 26th.
It's suppose to be here tomorrow.
If it does, how come no weather delay for them?????

Petrol & Powder
02-26-2021, 11:22 PM
Here's why:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qanMpnYsjk

TCLouis
02-27-2021, 12:03 AM
Tracking said the package would arrive last Friday 2/20.
Saturday 2/21 i changed said nothing of location and stated delivery would be late.
Wednesday 2/24 racking said arrived Nashville
Thursday 2/25 was marked delivered.

As bad as some of the roads were around here, I am sure it got delayed here and there coming from Washington.

I have not heard that he has received payment either.

They used to put down small gravel on the hill where our county road dead ends on to a state highway, but folks whined that they got gravel dust on their car so they dropped that.

Let me think . . .
Little gravel dust on my car
OR
STEEP hill dead ending into a state highway.

namsag
02-27-2021, 12:15 AM
It is a shame, the United States Postal Service has pretty much become a crapshoot. I have things that take weeks to arrive after receiving notice of shipment. Apparently Memphis is a chasm where packages go to disappear into oblivion. I had a lead box sit there for a month, when it finally got here they delivered it in one of their bins, the box had obviously spent a fair amount of time sitting out in the rainy weather. Sad.

imashooter2
02-27-2021, 01:51 AM
I recently did a deal on this board... my money order took 4 weeks to get from PA to KS. The "priority" mail box with the goods took 4 weeks to get to me. Both 4 weeks to the day. Tracking was worthless. It gave a location scan in Wichita the day after sent and then it was “in transit” until the day it showed up on my step.

Oh, and the box was beat to hell with a whole corner ripped open. Fortunately the man that sent it had some experience with the PO. He double boxed it and the boxes inside were too big to fall out the ripped corner.

abunaitoo
02-27-2021, 04:33 AM
In the past, people working for the post office here took pride in their job.
They were very courteous and helpful at the counter.
Delivery drivers were very friendly and on time.
There are still a few of the old timers around, but the newer ones are another story.
I guess with the union, they can't be fired, so they just go through the motions.
Remember....................
"Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds"
What happened to that????
Friends son works for the post office here.
He's old school because of good parents.
Their job is just not all that hard to do.
It is very monotonous, and I guess it can get to you after time.
Just seems like everything is going down the tubes these days.

GasGuzzler
02-27-2021, 08:41 AM
Delivery systems such as USPS, FedEx, UPS are HUGE and complex.

Complexity has nothing to do with the fact my tracking shows that I printed a label then the package was picked up from my house. End of story. Nothing else in the trail.

dg31872
02-27-2021, 09:08 AM
I too got a delay notice email. AR upper from Midsouth.
No bad weather between Missouri and Texas that I am aware of.
Maybe they just got so backed up with shipments up north.

Dukeconnor
02-27-2021, 10:04 AM
I have an order from RMR that was shipped Feb 2. Usps tracking just says in transit.

Petrol & Powder
02-27-2021, 10:38 AM
There are a lot of factors at play:
Internet commerce has grown faster than the delivery systems that support it.

COVID has accelerated the shift of retail from bricks & mortar stores to on-line purchasing and delivery by shipping.

Weather is always a factor and the weather event doesn't have to exist between the origin and destination of your package to affect your package.

Political turmoil certainly doesn't help.

And probably the strongest factor is that people are WORN DOWN.
You cannot put workers in masks and expect they will be as productive as before.
You cannot separate employees that need to interact in order to do their jobs and expect the same productively. Just getting people into a break room, bathroom or brief job site meeting is difficult.
You cannot expect parents to stay home and handle child care and/or education PLUS work the same schedule as before.
You cannot reduce your daily manpower by 20%-50% because of potential exposures to illness and expect the same productivity. And you simultaneously cannot hire 20%- 50% more people and pay most of them to stay home.

alamogunr
02-27-2021, 12:31 PM
I am waiting for a package that was shipped from Texas, FedEx 2nd day air on 2/17. Tracking showed nothing until it showed up in Olive Branch, MS on the 25th. It still doesn't show an expected delivery date. Olive Branch is sort of a suburb of Memphis, TN, the main hub of FedEx. I'm about 80 miles from Memphis. The snow melted almost a week ago and still no update.

The package was for a new holster for my Dan Wesson .45. I'm afraid someone decided he needed it more than I do.

Burnt Fingers
02-27-2021, 12:37 PM
There are a lot of factors at play:
Internet commerce has grown faster than the delivery systems that support it.

COVID has accelerated the shift of retail from bricks & mortar stores to on-line purchasing and delivery by shipping.

Weather is always a factor and the weather event doesn't have to exist between the origin and destination of your package to affect your package.

Political turmoil certainly doesn't help.

And probably the strongest factor is that people are WORN DOWN.
You cannot put workers in masks and expect they will be as productive as before.
You cannot separate employees that need to interact in order to do their jobs and expect the same productively. Just getting people into a break room, bathroom or brief job site meeting is difficult.
You cannot expect parents to stay home and handle child care and/or education PLUS work the same schedule as before.
You cannot reduce your daily manpower by 20%-50% because of potential exposures to illness and expect the same productivity. And you simultaneously cannot hire 20%- 50% more people and pay most of them to stay home.

All very true. Most of those facilities weren't designed with social distancing in mind either.

Handloader109
02-27-2021, 01:01 PM
I'm still waiting on a package for my wife that was shipped on the 10th. still in transit. My daughter said ask for help... USPS has under their help tab an email issue link. put in tracking number and your info and submit. It seemed to help her package, we'll see if it helps this one. at least some may get an email from me....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Handloader109
02-27-2021, 02:53 PM
And just got bot email from usps that a human will be assigned to look into shipment......

abunaitoo
02-27-2021, 09:49 PM
My order from amazon came today, on time.
Thursday, February 25
2:20 PM
Package arrived at an Amazon facility Denver, COLORADO US
6:02 PM
Package departed an Amazon facility Denver, CO US
Friday, February 26
12:43 AM
Package arrived at an Amazon facility Ontario, CA US
2:39 AM
Package departed an Amazon facility Ontario, CA US
5:54 AM
Package arrived at an Amazon facility Riverside, CA US
2:12 PM
Package departed an Amazon facility Moreno Valley, CA US
8:36 PM
Package arrived at an Amazon facility Honolulu, HI US
10:27 PM
Package departed an Amazon facility Honolulu, HAWAII US
Saturday, February 27
6:19 AM
Package arrived at a carrier facility Kaneohe, HI
6:30 AM
Out for delivery Kaneohe, HI
1:10 PM
Delivered Kaneohe, HI

If amazon can do it, why not usps????

slim1836
02-27-2021, 10:28 PM
I have some stuff coming, so I check everyday.
Just noticed a "Due to severe weather, packages may be delayed."
According to the tracking, it's suppose to be delivered yesterday.
But is delayed.
But my amazon order came in less than a week.
I know the USPS tracking is kind of a joke, but it's something.

That's what you get living on an island in the middle of nowhere and having such bad weather on top of that. Did you have to break out your socks too? [smilie=l:

Slim

DDriller
02-27-2021, 10:41 PM
I have a priority mail package that was supposed to be delivered on the 22nd. Said was late and would be delivered on the 23rd. Been in transit from St. Louis to Oklahoma since the 23rd. I think they started up the pony express again.
Fed-ex was to delivery a package today but it has been delayed also.

abunaitoo
02-28-2021, 02:34 AM
Just found out that amazon is already flying to hawaii.
No wonder the delivery is so fast and on time.

Burnt Fingers
02-28-2021, 01:07 PM
My order from amazon came today, on time.
Thursday, February 25
2:20 PM
Package arrived at an Amazon facility Denver, COLORADO US
6:02 PM
Package departed an Amazon facility Denver, CO US
Friday, February 26
12:43 AM
Package arrived at an Amazon facility Ontario, CA US
2:39 AM
Package departed an Amazon facility Ontario, CA US
5:54 AM
Package arrived at an Amazon facility Riverside, CA US
2:12 PM
Package departed an Amazon facility Moreno Valley, CA US
8:36 PM
Package arrived at an Amazon facility Honolulu, HI US
10:27 PM
Package departed an Amazon facility Honolulu, HAWAII US
Saturday, February 27
6:19 AM
Package arrived at a carrier facility Kaneohe, HI
6:30 AM
Out for delivery Kaneohe, HI
1:10 PM
Delivered Kaneohe, HI

If amazon can do it, why not usps????

Amazon owns their own planes. USPS doesn't.

poorman
02-28-2021, 04:40 PM
USPS is run by Union Government Employees

Thin Man
03-02-2021, 06:59 AM
All this discussion about the PO being slow with deliveries began long ago. We live in TN which is a short but wide shape. Knoxville is on the east end and Memphis is on the west end. We are near Knoxville. About 12 years ago SWMBO sent out a package for a destination 50 miles from where we live. That package went to the Knoxville hub, then Memphis, back to Knoxville, back to Memphis again, went missing a few times in all this, and finally was returned to us at the origin address where all this started. From start to finish the package was in the hands of USPO just short of 2 months. The box was intact and SWMBO was relieved but the experience taught us to use another carrier if possible. That memory remains clear today.

Mal Paso
03-02-2021, 10:21 AM
Use the feedback tab, I did. USPS Sucks and I told them about it.

abunaitoo
03-02-2021, 11:07 PM
USPS used to be good for the price.
But the price is getting close to ups a fedx.
Maybe amazon should go into the mail business.
To bad the owner bozo is such an ....................

bluebird66
03-03-2021, 07:00 AM
I have an order on the way by USPS, hope I get it.

wildwilly501
03-03-2021, 10:48 AM
Geezer alert!

I'm sure I'm not the only one who remembers when you filled out an order form (paper) put a check or MO in with it, slapped a stamp on it, and put it in the box with the red flag up. Then you waited, and waited! Weeks would go by, maby a month, then one day, there it was in the mail, or on the back step! No tracking, no nothing, just faith that one day what you ordered would arrive. [smilie=w:
If it took longer, you would never really know why, it just did!THe difference back then they didn't tell you when it would arrive.Now they basically lie to you thats the part I don't like.They do a piss poor job.Get two packages shipped from the same place one comes in 3 days the other 3 weeks.Its going to get worse when the people too lazy to work out number the people who work and take pride in what they do we're in a bad way.

Soundguy
03-03-2021, 12:05 PM
usps is a big joke....

Cargo
03-03-2021, 12:18 PM
My Amazon packages average a day early and if I'm lucky USPS Priority is averaging 1-2 weeks late.

Tripplebeards
03-03-2021, 12:47 PM
I just called my post off a few minutes ago because the last destination for my lost package “of the day” was in ST Paul. It was scanned saying it left St Paul last Saturday and was on the way to my local post office. It takes on average 2.5 hours to drive to my house from Saint Paul. My local post office has yet to scan it in and it’s now almost noon on Wednesday. I called my local post office and was told they haven’t scanned in packages yet from last night’s delivery. I was told by the person I talked to that they would personally deliver the package to my address when they come home for lunch since they live 2 blocks from me. I’m not holding my breath...again. It’s a PCM for my truck so I’m basically stranded till it arrives. It was scheduled for a last Monday delivery.

Soundguy
03-03-2021, 01:11 PM
I order stuff 3 days..takes 3 weeks usually...

Tripplebeards
03-04-2021, 09:01 AM
I just called my post off a few minutes ago because the last destination for my lost package “of the day” was in ST Paul. It was scanned saying it left St Paul last Saturday and was on the way to my local post office. It takes on average 2.5 hours to drive to my house from Saint Paul. My local post office has yet to scan it in and it’s now almost noon on Wednesday. I called my local post office and was told they haven’t scanned in packages yet from last night’s delivery. I was told by the person I talked to that they would personally deliver the package to my address when they come home for lunch since they live 2 blocks from me. I’m not holding my breath...again. It’s a PCM for my truck so I’m basically stranded till it arrives. It was scheduled for a last Monday delivery.

Never was delivered to me but I was told it was there. I went down to pick it up as the person who was going to drop it off got busy.

WebMonkey
03-04-2021, 05:48 PM
just got a package today from the u.s.p.s.

mailed from canada post 28 JANUARY.

ridiculous.

Petrol & Powder
03-04-2021, 07:27 PM
There are hundreds of thousands of people working in mail sorting facilities, distribution centers, warehouses.
There are hundreds of thousands of people driving trucks, loading trucks and aircraft.
There are hundreds of thousands of people working in the administration of the shipping industry and the postal service.

You cannot put MASKS on those people and expect the same level of productivity as before.
You cannot force those people to distance from each other and expect the same performance as before.
You cannot force those people to educate their children AND still work the same hours as before.
The world is shipping more packages than ever before.

We are over a YEAR into this idiocy and the people in these shipping industries are WORN DOWN.

We, as a society, NEED TO MOVE ON.

The Governors of Texas and Mississippi GET IT ! and the democrats are whining about the return to normalcy because it means the democrats are losing control.

abunaitoo
03-05-2021, 02:07 AM
Notice how it's always something with gooberment.
Post office and the weather, chinese virus, to much mail, Christmas, always an excuse.
What happen to the days, that when there is a problem, you fix it.
An excuse is not doing anything to fix it.
I call this generation, the "not my fault" generation.
It's always something, or someone, else's fault.
It's a damacrat thing.

Handloader109
03-05-2021, 11:37 AM
And today local news reported there is a move by USPS to offer early retirement to their employees.
great ... now even later deliveries.
Oh I got my wife's package yesterday. 3 weeks 2 days and 5 days after I submitted lost report

Burnt Fingers
03-05-2021, 12:02 PM
There are hundreds of thousands of people working in mail sorting facilities, distribution centers, warehouses.
There are hundreds of thousands of people driving trucks, loading trucks and aircraft.
There are hundreds of thousands of people working in the administration of the shipping industry and the postal service.

You cannot put MASKS on those people and expect the same level of productivity as before.
You cannot force those people to distance from each other and expect the same performance as before.
You cannot force those people to educate their children AND still work the same hours as before.
The world is shipping more packages than ever before.

We are over a YEAR into this idiocy and the people in these shipping industries are WORN DOWN.

We, as a society, NEED TO MOVE ON.

The Governors of Texas and Mississippi GET IT ! and the democrats are whining about the return to normalcy because it means the democrats are losing control.

In most of those sorting facilities the only way to do social distancing is to reduce the number of employees at that station.

Petrol & Powder
03-05-2021, 07:31 PM
In most of those sorting facilities the only way to do social distancing is to reduce the number of employees at that station.

And that alone will reduce productivity.

Petrol & Powder
03-05-2021, 07:36 PM
If you want the USPS and every other segment of our economy to return to 2019 levels - We need to return to 2019 conditions.

The MASKS must come OFF.
The children must return to school.
Workers must return to facilities.

bruce drake
03-05-2021, 07:57 PM
I mailed a package to a fellow forum member in New Zealand last Saturday and the USPS tracking number still has it enroute to the next processing center in Chicago....4hrs away by truck...from the last processing center here in Indianapolis... by this time I could have driven it to a mail plane in San Francisco or flown with it myself...

Duckiller
03-05-2021, 08:40 PM
President Trump appointed a new Post Master General and he said he would make the post office more effecient. Slowed delivery of ballots, laid off people. Reduced the Post Office defficit just can't deliver mail. Lost sight of his real job. All good Democrats know that President Biden will fix it. Hopefully before Ms Harris takes over because as someone who lived in California while she was Attorney General she can't fix anything.

bruce drake
03-08-2021, 01:53 PM
President Trump appointed a new Post Master General and he said he would make the post office more effecient. Slowed delivery of ballots, laid off people. Reduced the Post Office defficit just can't deliver mail. Lost sight of his real job. All good Democrats know that President Biden will fix it. Hopefully before Ms Harris takes over because as someone who lived in California while she was Attorney General she can't fix anything.

Oh wow, that's a deep one...