PDA

View Full Version : Got my early Christmas present from the wife. WOW!!

mikenbarb
12-24-2008, 11:29 PM
I got a real nice early Christmas present tonight and it was in a huge box and when I opened it there was a Dillon Magnum FL-2000 tumbler with Lyman Tuff-Nut media and a bottle of Dillon additive:shock:! I almost fell over when she asked me if it was big enough for what I was doing because she was tired of hearing me complain that I needed another tumbler.LOL. I looked at the capacity and it blew me away because I didnt realize they even made a tumbler this huge. It holds 2000 9mm's, 1300 .357 Magnums and 550 30-06 cases. This thing is a beast and im glad my wife knows what I want under the tree. I guess I owe her a real nice back rub later.LOL.;)

beanflip
12-25-2008, 01:22 AM
You lucky duck!!!!

mikenbarb
12-25-2008, 01:05 PM
I dumped all my 9mm's in it at once and I still cant believe how big this beast is. I think the only thing they should have considered is a way to dump it from a side chute like the Lymans because this is alot of media to sift.:-|

testhop
12-25-2008, 02:23 PM
mike one of the best things about the dillon is how fas t it cleans and how well it cleans

HeavyMetal
12-25-2008, 03:04 PM
Get yourself a cat litter scoop and a dust mask!

The scoop will get the case's out fast and the mask will keep your exposure to lead dust to a minimum!

mikenbarb
12-25-2008, 11:29 PM
Im in the process of fabricating a side chute to seperate brass from media and will post pics after its installed on it. The tumbler is mounted on a 34" high bench and im making a sliding side port out of fiberglass mat and resin that attaches to a flexible rubber coupler and a pipe with a screen on the botton and as it emptys it will seperate most of the media from the brass. Im using 2"ID grey pvc and 1/4" screen over a cutout section thats about 1/3 the pipes diameter and Gorilla glued it in place. As the machine vibrates and emptys the pipe vibrates also sending the cases down it into a pail and theres a tub under the screened section that the media falls into so it can be easily dumped back into the tumbler. :-D

Dale53
12-26-2008, 01:14 AM
Well, I have had the large Dillon tumbler for many years. I just use a coffee can and scoop the contents into the case/media separator. It only takes a couple of minutes...

Dale53

Shiloh
12-26-2008, 09:17 AM
I got a real nice early Christmas present tonight and it was in a huge box and when I opened it there was a Dillon Magnum FL-2000 tumbler with Lyman Tuff-Nut media and a bottle of Dillon additive:shock:! I almost fell over when she asked me if it was big enough for what I was doing because she was tired of hearing me complain that I needed another tumbler.LOL. I looked at the capacity and it blew me away because I didnt realize they even made a tumbler this huge. It holds 2000 9mm's, 1300 .357 Magnums and 550 30-06 cases. This thing is a beast and im glad my wife knows what I want under the tree. I guess I owe her a real nice back rub later.LOL.;)

What a Gal!! :-D

A keeper for sure. Does she shoot too??

Shiloh

Marvin S
12-26-2008, 02:11 PM
You will like it, Ive had mine for many years and no problems. In fact its running right now.

mikenbarb
12-27-2008, 01:09 AM
Shiloh, She dont shoot alot but she has an ugly sister who loves to.LOL.(Plus she can cook;-))

runnin lead
12-27-2008, 01:21 PM
If her ugly sister can also cast bullets ,pack elk & has a 40-70 Sharps straight
please post pictures of the 40-70

mikenbarb
12-27-2008, 05:56 PM
LOL, She shoots a 45-120 with one hand.

housedad
12-27-2008, 07:04 PM
The dillon m3edia separator is the best thing I ever used to separate media frommy dillon tumble. It works GOOD. The large one will take all the contents of the 2000 in one shot. It is way less work than a pan sifter. With the tumbling action it does, it gets ALL of the media out of the brass. Get one, you won't be sorry.

Bion

compass will
12-27-2008, 07:42 PM
I have a smaller tumbler. What I do is loosen the lid enough that the media can get out, but not the cases. I turn it on, then turn it sideways over a plastic bin I got. Within a minute or 2 all the media comes out and brass stays in the tumbler.

klcarroll
12-27-2008, 09:15 PM
Shiloh, She dont shoot alot but she has an ugly sister who loves to.LOL.(Plus she can cook;-))

I was just about to ask you if she had a sister!!!!!

mygunsbigger
12-28-2008, 01:24 AM
Heya mike, My dad got me that little Frankfort arsenal setup kit for my christmas present.. maybe one day i'll be pumpin' 'em out like you do! I'm building the bench tomorrow, i'll send you some pics. Put up some of the new rig and the separator after you finish building it

runnin lead
12-28-2008, 04:38 AM
A 70-120 with one hand , I was gonna ask for some of her recepies to see if she could realy cook but ......... think that maybe you should kinda fixer up with
Montana Charlie

mikenbarb
12-28-2008, 11:54 AM
MyGuns, I definatly will and its coming out pretty good and I just gotta finish up the sanding on it and match the color and paint where its was sanded. Its gonna make life alot easier to empty it out.

runnin lead, Tell him to give her a call.LOL. She can definatly cook but man is she ugly!:wink:

copdills
12-28-2008, 05:45 PM
You got a good one there , she's a keeper:castmine:

stargzer
12-29-2008, 06:47 AM
im glad my wife knows what I want under the tree. I guess I owe her a real nice back rub later.LOL.;)

She should get a lot more than just ONE nice back rub......:grin: she is a keeper. My fiance got me a new Dremmel and complete accessory kit for Christmas. Oh and BTW she just got her CCW and likes to shoot. :D

Happy New Year everybody.

Tippet
01-13-2009, 04:53 AM
Just found this, that's great Mike, I didn't know they made them that big either.

I was down at a local ammo manufacturer the other day, RedLine, and the guy was using a cement mixer to tumble his brass, they go through so much.

mike in co
01-13-2009, 11:26 AM
i use TWO dillon brass cleaners!
plain ground corn cob from a blasting media supplier....40 lb bags cost less than 30 bucks.

get the large media seperator and a spare tub. use the second tub as a cover when operating the seperator.

add a timer to the power line. i use a 20 dollar home depot in a 2x2 box with two outlets.

one hour is plenty for most brass.

do not mix brass that can fit into one another.

they produce a fine black dust that i have not yet figure how to control.

mike in co

mikenbarb
01-16-2009, 05:32 PM
Mike, I just throw a few used dryer sheets in with the brass and it greatly reduces the dust and red powder from the Lyman Tuff-Nut media. I cut them in strips about 1-2 inches wide and it works great. I usualy get a couple tumbles out f them and chuck them after their loaded up.

I also have a couple Black Walnut trees in my one field and when they start dropping I have the kids gather them(With gloves on)and put them in steel drums with holes in the sides to dry. After their dried(About a month or two) I remove the skins and then boil them for a couple hours to remove the rest of the crud on the outside. Then I take them and mash them up in a big steel pot and sift it to get the mesh size I want. I just add a little polish and use them for my real dirty cases and it works great compared to store bought media.:D

thebigmac
01-16-2009, 06:17 PM
Congradulations mike---you'll be saving lots of time now... Ihave two. Got one at a small gun show for $50.00 (geat deal, if i say so myself) needed just a little work. That was over 20 yrs ago... I dip my brass & media out with a coffee can into a 5 gal bucket... Take a bucket and cut it in half. Work a piece of rat wire 1/4 in holes onto the bottom with sides on the inside.. Place this bucket into another bucket with a lid and shake it--back & forth--then round in circles. Works very well. Pics availab\le via e-mail.