PDA

View Full Version : 12v trap thrower

farmbif
02-24-2021, 03:15 PM
anyone have experience with 12v trap throwers

such a beautiful day out today and my old trius is getting frustrating without a shooting partner thinking seriously about getting one of these 12v models ;like the champion wheelybird or the do all raven.

DeadWoodDan
02-24-2021, 03:46 PM
My wife and I was just talking about this last weekend. Following!

NSB
02-24-2021, 04:54 PM
I have a wheelybird...got it last year. Flawless performance and the battery throws hundreds of bird before needing a re-charge.

jaguarxk120
02-24-2021, 05:33 PM
I have a Do-All White Wing trap. Works very well and will throw hundreds of targets on
one charge. I've seen the Champion and it seems to be a little heavier built.
Once you use a electric trap you will never go back!!!

lancem
02-24-2021, 05:39 PM
I bought a do all outdoors model probably 8 years ago. Built a stand using a trailer stub axle and hub so it would rotate/move back and forth. Attached a windshield wiper motor with an arm to the hub and with a speed control the thrower slowly moves back and forth throwing the clay in an unknown and different direction each time. The arm is adjustable so you can adjust the throwing sector to match the field.

Blanket
02-24-2021, 05:50 PM
I have the Do All need to continually tighten fasteners

MrWolf
02-24-2021, 06:42 PM
I bought a do all outdoors model probably 8 years ago. Built a stand using a trailer stub axle and hub so it would rotate/move back and forth. Attached a windshield wiper motor with an arm to the hub and with a speed control the thrower slowly moves back and forth throwing the clay in an unknown and different direction each time. The arm is adjustable so you can adjust the throwing sector to match the field.

Nice. This spring I want to mount a wireless unit outside my wood fence with a cheap set of solar panels I have from HF and a marine deep cycle battery. Will shoot from my porch approximately 75' away. Should be fun.

Norcal707
02-24-2021, 07:07 PM
Have had my Wheelybird for five years and have easily run 100 cases of clays through it. Had a problem with a defective part right-off but it was sent out next day air at no charge. First thing I did was splice a couple hundred feet of uv-resistant telephone wire to the foot switch so we could set the thrower up farther away to get more difficult crossing angles on the flight path of the clays. Best $275 I ever spent!

farmbif
02-24-2021, 09:17 PM
I'm thinking I could make a 3 point bracket to mount one of these things to the back of a tractor drive it out to back pasture and run it off tractor battery.

danmat
02-24-2021, 11:49 PM
Bought a whirllybird 2 last year probaly ran 25 or 30 cases of clays thru it works great.