PDA

View Full Version : Are Bushnell and RCBS now both part of some new ownership group?

Alan in Vermont
02-21-2021, 01:51 PM
Lately I have been seeing this message "Another quality Bushnell product" as part of the description of RCBS branded products.

Has some change of ownership gone down in the past few months? If so I sure hope it doesn't bode ill for RCBS customer service.

CrystalShip
02-21-2021, 02:10 PM
Yes, Bushnell and RCBS like others are Now part Of the Vista group. They also have other that were absorbed.

CrystalShip
02-21-2021, 02:15 PM
Yes, Bushnell and RCBS like others are Now part Of the Vista group. They also have other that were absorbed.
Vista outdoors also owns Alliant Powders, tasco, Redfield, CCi, Hoppe's, Remington, and many more

doulos
02-21-2021, 04:35 PM
your right CrystalShip. Vista Group owns a lot of companies. Besides the ones you mentioned here are some others Gunslick, Outers, Weaver, Primos, Tasco, Simmons, Speer, Butler Creek and also archery related Gold Tip and Bstinger and still others. I dont know if one group aquiring these companies is good or bad. Sometimes it turns out well for the profitable brands and others just get dropped.

John Wayne
02-21-2021, 04:58 PM
and they own Remington ammunition, Federal and Speer.

Mk42gunner
02-21-2021, 07:03 PM
Last I knew, Leupold owned the Redfield name.

Robert

John Boy
02-21-2021, 08:04 PM
The question should be ... What Doesn’t Vista Outdoor Not Own ... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vista_Outdoor

doulos
02-22-2021, 07:41 PM
Last I knew, Leupold owned the Redfield name.

Robert
I thought that also. And I know they did at one time. But Redfield is now listed as part of the Vista Outdoor group on their website. So there was a change I guess.

doulos
02-22-2021, 07:45 PM
Don't know if this will be good or bad for some of these brands. Smith and Wesson acquired Thompson Center and hardly produces any frames anymore. Remington acquiring Marlin was hardly a success. Hope Rugers acquisition of Marlin turns out better.