PDA

View Full Version : CZ Buying Colt

pietro
02-20-2021, 05:58 AM

http://www.courant.com/business/hc-biz-colt-sale-20210112-rwagtjddtbbl3eynewqh7rwy4e-story.html

Since emerging from bankruptcy in 2016, Colt has drawn the eye of potential buyers.

Now, thanks to the public filings of CZ (Česká zbrojovka) parent company CZ Group’s, it is known to be attempting to purchase all of Colt’s Manufacturing Company‘s assets, including it's Canadian subsidiary, and is well along in the process.

A spokeswoman for CZ Ceská Zbrojovka confirmed the plan in principle, and is awaiting approval from certain agencies.

Freeandcold
02-20-2021, 09:38 AM
Based on my exp with Dan Wesson, I’m hopeful... CZ seems to have allowed DW to be DW while supporting them. I am very impressed with DW 1911s.

ButchC
02-20-2021, 02:40 PM
In the past I had heard that the Navajo Nation put in a bid for Remington prior to its recent dissolution. The idea was that should legislation cause a legal liability or lawsuit to come their way, as a holding of a sovereign it would be less impactful and the courts would have less power to cause issue. I hope I presented that correctly. Now CZ being around a while and HQ'd elsewhere makes me wonder if that would be a similar benefit to cold should things get a bit more squirrely in the coming years.

As far as CZ goes, I have heard a lot of good about their shotguns and since they don't make them in-house that simply tells me they're looking for a good product from their subs. I also hear good about their rifles and have a healthy appreciation for their handguns. I'd expect them to make sure Colt stays at a certain level of quality, maybe improve the civilian side of the house, maybe keep it the same, either way, it doesn't seem like horrible news.

Catshooter
02-24-2021, 01:22 AM
$50? $100? Boy, talk about buying a pig in a poke. But CZ knows how to make good guns and I wish them well with this gamble.

Cat

smkummer
02-24-2021, 07:01 AM
It shouldn’t be any worse than it now. I read elsewhere Colt is making maybe 60 single actions a month. I believe everything Colt makes is in demand with back orders. Of course, that may be most of the gun industry right now.