PDA

View Full Version : A small prayer

cwtebay
02-19-2021, 12:27 AM
I would just like to offer my thoughts and prayers to those dealing with the cold in the south. I pray that this storm passes soon.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Trav454
02-19-2021, 12:44 AM
Exactly right. Prayers for them during this horrific time.

slim1836
02-19-2021, 12:48 AM
You and I both, so far so good at my place. We will be getting above 32 during the day the next couple days with nights getting below freezing. That's when the pipes are going to break. I believe by Sunday, the worst in this area will be over with and water runoff to contend with then. If we get through this one we are truly blessed. Throughout the winter storm we (immediate area) only got about 4-5" of snow, freezing temps, and runny noises.

My MIL had water burst in the attic which knocked out her heater. Water damage in ceilings, walls carpet, insulation soaked. On top of that, she was out of power for many hours. I took water to her for sanitary purposes, she had drinking water. For the life of me, I cannot understand why a hot water heater or heater would be mounted in the attic. She is going to re-route it downstairs. This is the second time it's happened in 15 years. Some things are just poorly thought out.

My prayers go out to the less fortunate.

Slim

Thundarstick
02-19-2021, 06:05 AM
We have been very very fortunate here in West TN to not have experienced the power losses of Texas! In a month I'll probably be mowing the yard!

Pine Baron
02-19-2021, 07:46 AM
Praying for all those effected.

USMC87
02-19-2021, 11:32 AM
We are praying for all those affected and may God be merciful!

Boaz
02-22-2021, 09:42 PM
I thank all for their thoughts and prayers . Many here need them still . Lots of water damage in some homes . I didn't suffer any loss at all . It's hard to believe it happened , worst cold spell I have ever seen here .

And today it's in the 70's with all the snow gone ! Just kind of like a bad dream .