PDA

View Full Version : #1 mk. 3 scope mount

fixit
02-16-2021, 02:51 PM
I have a severely bubba'd smle with about 3 inches missing from the muzzle, and have been considering converting it into a lee-speed-ish sporter. If I ever get around to doing it (too many projects, too little time!), I would plan to have it bored out to a 35-303 and build a nice,but not too nice stock to replace the fairly garish looking piece of wood on it t. All of this is to lead up to the question, are there any scope mounts of any value for the #1?

beemer
02-16-2021, 04:27 PM
Weaver makes one, fits the #1 and #4. I believe the #1 has a shim provided to make it fit. You will need to do a T & D and it takes tip-off mounts. It mounts center over the bore. I've had one for over 25 years without problems.

samari46
02-17-2021, 01:10 AM
Google no gunsmithing mounts. Should get plenty of hits. Bought one for my #4MKII from Bad Ace Tactical. Cost was $129 but all steel mount/aluminum picatinny rail. Comes with all screws for the mount,replacement screws for the ejector screw and a torx wrench. But there are cheaper ones out there. Frank

303Guy
02-19-2021, 02:47 AM
No no-gunsmithing mounts for the SMLE. But the SMLE has a ready fitted charger bridge which is ideal for the rail mount. I happen to have one lying around but it's a Parker Hale type which is fine if you can get the rings for it. Ideally one should set the action up in a mill and flatten and level the charger bridge.