PDA

View Full Version : I dont feel well...

Rcmaveric
02-16-2021, 01:28 PM
Hopefully its just a deployment crud and not the Covid crud. I feel like hell and have a fever. Shooting body pains and I can't smell a thing. I have a date with sick call at 0730. I was doing fine. Just been feeling lethargic and sore for a few days. Thought it was just the cheap wine rassions.... I got off work and curled in my rack and a fever hit me. Dont exactly have a Wall Greens nearby and medical isnt manned. I popped some Tylenol and got the fever down 99.

I will let yall know. I am about to go med down for 72 hours until my Covid tests get back.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Shawlerbrook
02-16-2021, 01:32 PM
Good luck and get well soon !

zarrinvz24
02-16-2021, 01:36 PM
Sounds a lot like COVID. If you’ve been having allergy-like symptoms leading up to it it’s almost for sure. Hang in there, sleep on your stomach and this too shall pass.

mattw
02-16-2021, 03:43 PM
Sounds like what I had 2 weeks prior to covid being identified publicly.

762 shooter
02-16-2021, 05:53 PM
There are two quick tests for covid that are 100% effective.
If can't smell Vicks vapo rub or fresh ground coffee, you have covid.

308Jeff
02-16-2021, 06:08 PM
Yeah it definitely sounds like you have it. Hang in there, man.

namsag
02-16-2021, 06:19 PM
Best wishes sir get well soon!

Dieselhorses
02-16-2021, 06:34 PM
Hang in there! Praying for ya!

dverna
02-16-2021, 06:35 PM
Loss of smell is a red flag. Praying for the best

John Wayne
02-16-2021, 06:44 PM
Take a high dose of vitamin C-6-8000 milligrams a day to bowel tolerance. Do it now! Good luck!

abunaitoo
02-16-2021, 07:09 PM
Vitamin "C" and "D".
Make sure they also test you for influenza.
Same symptoms I had years ago when I had it.
Right after I took the shot.

Thundarstick
02-16-2021, 07:36 PM
Praying you have a mild case! It sure sounds like my go round with Covid! I didn't have fever, and couldn't smell Listerine with my nose stuck in the bottle!

lightman
02-16-2021, 08:23 PM
It sounds like Covid. I hope not. Will keep you in prayers, take care.

slim1836
02-16-2021, 08:30 PM
YOU GOTTA QUIT HANGING OUT WITH ALL THOSE LOOSE WOMEN I TELL YA.

In the meantime hunker down, keep hydrated, sleep on your stomach, take vitamin D, ETC.....

FOLLOW THE DOCTORS ORDERS.

Praying for ya too.

Slim

HumptyDumpty
02-16-2021, 08:45 PM
Could be Covid-19, or any of a myriad other flu-like illnesses that are common this time of year. I had the dreaded disease a few months ago, symptoms same as your, minus the body pains, lasted two days. I don't get sick often, but have had similar experiences several times over the last few years.

LUCKYDAWG13
02-16-2021, 09:45 PM
Ya kinda sounds like you have it me and my wife did back in July she was fine i felt like **** for 2 weeks and still have headaches and tired more than I should be
Best of luck to you

richhodg66
02-16-2021, 10:00 PM
If you're not in one of the high risk categories, it isn't all that bad. I got it a couple of months ago, tested positive, quarantined 14 days, etc. I was pretty sick for about three days and then got a lot better. Had a nagging cough for a week or so after, but never did feel so bad I couldn't have put in a day's work if I'd had to.

If you have it which you probably do, I hope you get over it quick and easy like I did. It does seem to vary from person to person.

Pete44mag
02-16-2021, 10:26 PM
I'm not a doctor and can't covid test either, but I can say some prayers for your health which I will do.

tankgunner59
02-16-2021, 11:15 PM
I haven't had it but it sounds like what a couple of my family members went through with it. Will be praying for you, all the best.

skeettx
02-16-2021, 11:22 PM
Yes, by all means be careful and see the DOC
Mike

gwpercle
02-17-2021, 02:37 PM
Wife and I both came down with the Covid , went to walk-in -clinic , tested positive , sent to hospital emergency room ... tested some more and sent home .
You will feel bad for two weeks , a week later your sense of smell and appetite comes back and you will start feeling like you will live again . About 4 weeks and you will feel good . I'm 71 and wife is 64.
Wife developed a nasty cough ... I didn't .
There is an upside ... I lost about 10 pounds ... the mere thought of food mad me queasy ... and I really needed to lose that weight ... and the BIGGIE ... we are both now naturally Immune ... both our doctors said so ... but they also said it wouldn't hurt to get the vaccine when it becomes available . I like the idea of a one shot vaccine because I don't like getting shots .

Rc ... Prayers sent , take plenty vitamin C and I found Excedrin helped .
Bless You,
Gary

Rcmaveric
02-18-2021, 06:15 AM
Thanks for the well wishes. Fever finnaly broke today. I had 100 degree fever for 3 days. Supposed to be getting bussed over for a covid test some time today.

Haven't had much of an appetite. Just sleeping all day. Now the fever is gone I am not miserable. Just tired and exhausted now.

I look like hell. My fellow co worker was kind enough to inform me I looked like I had neumonia.

smoked turkey
02-18-2021, 12:59 PM
Rcmaveric your symptoms are right out of the COVID playbook. You should have been tested days ago. I'd venture to say that you best begin a quarantine if you haven't already done so. It is true that most cases of COVID-19 are mild and are over with in a week to 10 days. But if you are elderly or have higher risk factors you do need to take it serious because it can be bad stuff for those with risk factors. My wife and I are older but with no high risk factors. As such our quarantine was pretty uneventful thankfully.

Rcmaveric
02-18-2021, 01:51 PM
Rcmaveric your symptoms are right out of the COVID playbook. You should have been tested days ago. I'd venture to say that you best begin a quarantine if you haven't already done so. It is true that most cases of COVID-19 are mild and are over with in a week to 10 days. But if you are elderly or have higher risk factors you do need to take it serious because it can be bad stuff for those with risk factors. My wife and I are older but with no high risk factors. As such our quarantine was pretty uneventful thankfully.I am deployed. My superiors were notified and I was quarantined emediately. Borderline treated like a Leper.

It takes time to coordinate a test with the local government health ministry. Luckily we have full local health facilities 3 hours away from camp. First time I am thankful being on land and not a ship.

As long as I keep 750mg of Tylenol in me every 6 hours I don't have a fever and Temps normal. If I forget my stomach flips and my head hurts to remind me.. I think I am doing okay. Doc seams to think I have been sick since the 13th or 14th.

Sense of smell and taste comes and goes as does my appetite. Laying on my stomach helps. Lungs feel like a ran marathon. I am slightly scared from all the media hype and local deaths. But I dont have symptoms to cause me any mediate concern. Plus if doc is right. I am half way through it and past the danger times.

MUSTANG
02-18-2021, 02:56 PM
Best wishes. Sounds similar to the wife and myself back in Feb of 2020. We were down for a couple of weeks (but probably quite bit older than you). Took a few months to return to Normal; we never had a WoHoo test so we can only speculate that is what we had. Neither of us has had any problems since, so we hope you return to good health soon.

smoked turkey
02-18-2021, 10:36 PM
Rcmaveric, it does sound like you are making your way through the COVID and doing all you can to fight it off by keeping your temperature down. Like you, I monitored my temperature hourly and it would climb to almost102, and i'd take Benadryl. I also took the expectorant Tussin to help me cough and get the gunk out. You will get past this. Thank you for your service to keep us safe. I'm sure it is sometimes difficult.

Rcmaveric
02-19-2021, 04:34 AM
Test results came back. I am positive for the Rona.

No_1
02-19-2021, 04:49 AM
Hang in there and fight as hard as you can. Contact me when you return from deployment if you would like to join me for a range day at Gateway R&P club.

Robert

Test results came back. I am positive for the Rona.

Garyshome
02-19-2021, 07:29 AM
Xibiden makes me ill also!

MrWolf
02-19-2021, 08:17 AM
You should be fine doing what you are. Listen to the docs. You are young and will probably fly right through the rest of it. Good luck.
Ron

Rcmaveric
02-19-2021, 02:17 PM
I am doing well. Thanks for all the well wishes. They are taking good care of me out here.

Rcmaveric
02-23-2021, 11:00 AM
I am doing a lot better now. After 6 days the fevers cleared up. They have me on a multivitamins because ran out. I just get tired easily now. I used the bathroom and took a shower and I am ready to lay down lol. I get a little lung discomfort after strenuous activity. They gave me a pain killer I have never heard before. Directions and label aren't in English. It works good though.

They won't release me until I pass a covid test twice.

So hopefully I get released back to my command in a week or so.

On the bright side youtube has full length Abbot and Costello, Vincent Price and Jerry Lewis movies.

monadnock#5
02-23-2021, 11:25 AM
Thank you!! We need all the good news we can get.

farmbif
02-23-2021, 11:25 AM
does not sound like any fun,
wish for you a speedy and complete recovery

high standard 40
02-23-2021, 12:21 PM
Hoping for a full recovery for you.

Mmacro
02-25-2021, 10:25 AM
My family and I lived in South Korea when COVID broke out... managed to not catch it. Moved back to a sleepy LITTLE beach town in Maryland... where me, my wife, youngest child caught it. (My oldest dodged the virus somehow)
We were lucky and our symptoms were very mild. I had a fever one night, but was achy and severe cough for more than a wee. My wife had a fever for a couple days and aches and cough for about a week. My child just aches and cough.
But my recovery has been the longest... I have some chronic issues from the Army, including a cough. A month after being cleared from quarantine I’m still coughing all the time and almost no energy.
Hot showers help with the cough (it triggers a fit in the shower, but for a few hours after it’s not so bad). Once the weather gets a little more friendly I plan on getting outside to exercise and hope that helps clear out the rest of the lingering symptoms.
Take it easy, make sure it’s documented in your MEDPROS and listen to your body. Hope you feel better.

skeet1
02-25-2021, 10:56 AM
My family and I lived in South Korea when COVID broke out... managed to not catch it. Moved back to a sleepy LITTLE beach town in Maryland... where me, my wife, youngest child caught it. (My oldest dodged the virus somehow)
We were lucky and our symptoms were very mild. I had a fever one night, but was achy and severe cough for more than a wee. My wife had a fever for a couple days and aches and cough for about a week. My child just aches and cough.
But my recovery has been the longest... I have some chronic issues from the Army, including a cough. A month after being cleared from quarantine I’m still coughing all the time and almost no energy.
Hot showers help with the cough (it triggers a fit in the shower, but for a few hours after it’s not so bad). Once the weather gets a little more friendly I plan on getting outside to exercise and hope that helps clear out the rest of the lingering symptoms.
Take it easy, make sure it’s documented in your MEDPROS and listen to your body. Hope you feel better.

Your youngest is probably the one who gave it to you. Could be A-symptomatic(?). My wife never came down with any symptoms and I got it but she is having trouble smelling anything. I think she gave it to me.

Ken

Rcmaveric
02-25-2021, 01:56 PM
I am doing pretty well now. Only lingering symptoms is my lungs feel like a ran a PRT in the cold and get tired easily.. A hot shower helps alot. I should be getting my retest results back soon. I just need a negative test to get released

Idaho45guy
02-25-2021, 07:02 PM
I am doing pretty well now. Only lingering symptoms is my lungs feel like a ran a PRT in the cold and get tired easily.. A hot shower helps alot. I should be getting my retest results back soon. I just need a negative test to get released

Good to hear you are recovering!

So many different effects and different strains that it's frustrating to hear people say that it's no big deal or that you're going to die.

Yeah, for a lot of folks it's no more than feeling tired and losing sense of taste and smell for a few days. For others it's death within a few days. For others it's like a bad flu and is miserable. That's what I went through. It's been just over a month since I got it and I still don't have most of my sense of taste or smell back. Still get tired easily.

Wishing you a full recovery soon!

TLB2
02-26-2021, 12:39 AM
Glad you are getting better. Thanks for your service!

gbrown
02-26-2021, 10:40 AM
Been following this thread, glad you are doing better, heading for recovery. Great! Thank you for your service. May God Bless you.

Rcmaveric
02-26-2021, 11:10 AM
I am back on base now. It feels good to be home ish. I still have to isolate till March 2nd. Then doc has to clear me medically. My latest test came back negative.

John Wayne
02-27-2021, 09:45 AM
That's great news!