PDA

View Full Version : .476 sizer options

Elpatoloco
02-11-2021, 12:42 AM
For the Linebaugh, I still use the Lyman and 50/50

Have gone to powdercoating most of my slugsand would rather just use one of the classic push through dies for the Linebaugh. Lee does not offer a .476 and I dont see where they will custom make one anymore.

I have a Donor set in .356 if anyone can open it up for me to size at .476???

Rick B
02-11-2021, 01:46 AM
Contact the Lathesmith on this site. Chris will make you a .476 sizer. He has made a number of sizers for me over the years. Everyone is exactly the size I ordered.
Rick

Elpatoloco
02-11-2021, 10:34 PM
Contact the Lathesmith on this site. Chris will make you a .476 sizer. He has made a number of sizers for me over the years. Everyone is exactly the size I ordered.
Rick

I sent him a P.M. I cant see that he has posted on here in quite some time. Or I dunno how to see his latest.

Targa
02-11-2021, 10:39 PM
You would have to back order the push through size die body but it doesn’t take all that long. Order the .476 bushing and the .480 push rod you are good to go. I am using the .477 bushing for my Linebaugh, works like a charm.
https://noebulletmolds.com/site/shop/sizing-tools/sizing_kits/48-caliber-sizers/

Elpatoloco
02-11-2021, 10:46 PM
You would have to back order the push through size die body but it doesn’t take all that long. Order the .476 bushing and the .480 push rod you are good to go. I am using the .477 bushing for my Linebaugh, works like a charm.
https://noebulletmolds.com/site/shop/sizing-tools/sizing_kits/48-caliber-sizers/

Will do. Thank You! Works in a standard Press????
My Linebaugh loves .476. Its the only size I ever tried.

Targa
02-11-2021, 11:08 PM
Yes sir, works in a standard press. I was using Lee sizers which are great and I still use the ones I have but the numerous sizing bushing’s offered by NOE made me switch to them for my sizing choice.
Once you buy the sizing body for $40 all you have to do is buy the bushings and push rods for what ever caliber you want to size. It’s a pretty slick set up IMO.

Elpatoloco
02-12-2021, 01:00 AM
Struck out with Lathesmith. Will order the NOE in the morning.

I gave 98% of my reloading stuff to my eldest son. Only thing I kept was 45 acp,9mm,44 mag, 475 L, 45-70, and 6.5 creed. I cast for all of them but the last. And powdercoat for everything else but the .475L. Figured I might try it. Makes ot easier to send the boy some slugs as the 50/50 dont ship too well.

Elpatoloco
02-12-2021, 10:43 AM
Yes sir, works in a standard press. I was using Lee sizers which are great and I still use the ones I have but the numerous sizing bushing’s offered by NOE made me switch to them for my sizing choice.
Once you buy the sizing body for $40 all you have to do is buy the bushings and push rods for what ever caliber you want to size. It’s a pretty slick set up IMO.

Got it Done.
I appreciate it,
Colby

Elpatoloco
03-01-2021, 03:23 PM
I finally received my kit of sizer body, bushing and push so I can size to .476 with powder coated slugs. NOE was very quick with the backordered item. The USPS had some issue.

I have tried to call NOE about 5 minutes ago as well as sent an email. Thought maybe I could get an answer here as they are likely snowed under as the rest of the industry.

The large sleeve states it will take .41-.46 bullets.
Can I use this thing without the spacer sleeve? Do I need to attempt to drill one out?

Thanks.