PDA

View Full Version : Reputable brass companies/website?

taymag
02-10-2021, 08:15 PM
I bought a massive amount of brass years ago and am just coming to the end of it.

I know its a BAD time for any reloading supplies but what are some of the reputable sellers for brass?

Preferably websites with a history - not that I dont trust people in the "swap" sections on here and CastBoolits but I'd like to think I'm getting mostly once-fired

jimb16
02-10-2021, 08:57 PM
I'd probably check Starline of Grafs first. Both produce good cases and usually have decent prices.

dverna
02-10-2021, 08:59 PM
I had issues with brass bought here a few weeks ago, but the gentleman made it right.

My lesson was that range pickup can be almost anything.

It may not matter with pistol brass in popular calibers....for example a lot of 9mm and .40 is likely OF. But rifle brass is a crap shoot. Military brass is easy to spot as OF.

Hick
02-10-2021, 09:19 PM
I buy a lot from Diamond K Brass-- its all used but they have always given great quality as far as I can tell.

Mal Paso
02-10-2021, 09:50 PM
I started with mixed brass from factory ammo and range pickup. That eventually split, I quit shooting factory and range pickup of 44Mag is slim to none so I buy 1,000 lots from Starline. https://www.starlinebrass.com/

Jsm180
02-10-2021, 10:14 PM
https://www.robertsandsonbrass.com/ when they have it in stock.

gitzitfish
02-10-2021, 10:39 PM
If available in normal times buying direct from starline has been great. Free shipping and ships fast

Minerat
02-10-2021, 11:05 PM
If had good luck with orisolo brass. They are a vendor sponsor and the brass I have received is unprocessed obvious range pickup but in very good condition.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?293640-Brass-for-sell-odds-and-ends-Lots-of-it-25-diferent-Calibers

blackthorn
02-11-2021, 02:41 PM
Range pick-up is always going to be a crap-shoot to some degree. Sometimes you are the Dog and sometimes you are the tree!

ACC
02-11-2021, 02:52 PM
For my pistols/handguns I use once fired with no problems. With my 7.62X39 I only use brass I know is once fired and that have the same head stamp.

ACC

JeffG
02-11-2021, 11:32 PM
Starline is my first go to for handgun. I’ve used Privi Partizan for 8 mm Mauser and 7.62x54 Russian and that has work well too.

uscra112
02-12-2021, 12:11 AM
Everybody's inventories are way, way down. In better times I got excellent service and a very wide selection of unusual calibers from Duck Creek.

https://www.duckcreeksportinggoods.com/

I also go to Huntington's, and Graf.

Starline is actually low on my go-to list, but only because they stick to the most common calibers, in which I am rarely interested.

Not to gloat too much, but for many years, whenever I acquired a gun of a new-to-me caliber, I immediately bought 100 new cases for reloading. Some, like the .25-20 Single Shot, are now $3 to $4 a piece now that Captech is gone.

rondog
02-12-2021, 12:38 AM
I've sold a lot of range brass over the years, but I'm about out too. Down to 1.5k of .40 and 3k of 9mm. Debating whether I should keep it.....

tankgunner59
02-12-2021, 12:53 AM
I have used Diamond K Brass a lot in the past. I have gotten good service and really good brass, pistol and rifle brass. I have also used a lot of the range brass I have found with no problems. I always inspect my reloading brass at least three times. When I process it, after cleaning and when I reload. Most of my brass is wet tumbled and then dry tumbled, and I inspect it each time.
Although I would suggest posting a want to buy thread in the S&S section. I have bought brass from several folks here and never had a bad deal from any of these guy's.

trails4u
02-12-2021, 01:04 AM
I buy most of my brass (and many other things!) right here..... Never a bad deal, and if ever anything even remotely questionable, you're dealing with someone who cares and cares about their reputation here. I don't generally buy from folks without a history here, but I have, and even then never a bad deal.

MrWolf
02-12-2021, 07:08 AM
I'd probably check Starline of Grafs first. Both produce good cases and usually have decent prices.

Yup. Starline first. I will need to check some of the other links you folks provided.

farmbif
02-12-2021, 07:28 AM
I don't think starline can be beat as far as the quality you get for the cost of brass. if you want the best there is always lapua and then theres norma
there are still a couple custom manufacturers for antique and hard to find stuff, ive posted links here in the past , can't think of the names off top of my head
you can probably find them by searching for something like 40-65marlin brass.
but for the most common calibers for me anyway starline is the way to go.
duck creek is a reseller, not a manufacturer, but a great guy to deal with that sells not so easy to find brass like 25-20 for very reasonable cost.

Hanzy4200
02-13-2021, 10:33 AM
Elite Reloading is one I've used. If I can't get once fired, usually here, I use Starline.

taymag
02-13-2021, 01:59 PM
Elite Reloading is one I've used. If I can't get once fired, usually here, I use Starline.

Thats who I always used, theyve been out a while now though

uscra112
02-13-2021, 04:46 PM
Maybe we'll see some migration from semi-autos which spray their spent brass into the weeds to revolvers and bolt actions? Asking for a friend.......

badguybuster
02-13-2021, 05:01 PM
I get most of mine from Fancybrass.com

winelover
02-14-2021, 09:07 AM
I recommend these guys:

https://www.armorally.com/product-category/reloading-components/brass/

However, like everyone else, almost nothing in stock.

Winelover