PDA

View Full Version : MP / Mihec Molds Shipping - US Customs Issue Question

Dimner
02-10-2021, 01:48 PM
Just wondering...

Of those of you that have ordered from MP/Mihec from group buys or his retail site: Have you ever had problems with your package getting through US customs? Specifically the "Clearance Event" or "Customs Inspection"?

I only can recall people ever talking about how fast MP molds gets from Slovenia all the way to our doorsteps. Infact, the first two molds I have purchased have come at near lightning speed. Pretty much a modern marvel. DHL does a really good job.

However, on this third mold I have purchased, my package has been stuck for a week at the clearance event/inspection. I have to image that this happens every now and again with any volume of international shipments.

What I'm wondering is: Is there anyone out there that has had this issue? More importantly, how long did it take to resolve and what if anything was needed to get the ball rolling again? I'm okay with waiting, but I don't want to find out after 2-3 weeks of waiting that I needed to provide another bit of information or call a specific phone #.

Just looking for some guidance with those who have had this happen. If waiting is what works, I'm cool with that. If there is something else I need to do, just let me know.

Old School Big Bore
02-10-2021, 02:04 PM
Mine have always had "machine parts" stamped on the shipping label. Maybe someone in customs got nosy, or a dog didn't like the way the newsprint padding smelled, or the label didn't get stamped. With Customs it could be anything. Heaven help us if some "administration" appointee figures out we're getting "homemade ghost boolit gun stuff" from overseas and goes crusading.
Following this as I'm about to order two MP molds...
Ed <><

Dimner
02-10-2021, 02:18 PM
Mine have always had "machine parts" stamped on the shipping label. Maybe someone in customs got nosy, or a dog didn't like the way the newsprint padding smelled, or the label didn't get stamped. With Customs it could be anything. Heaven help us if some "administration" appointee figures out we're getting "homemade ghost boolit gun stuff" from overseas and goes crusading.
Following this as I'm about to order two MP molds...
Ed <><

I personally wouldn't hesitate to buy another mold. Miha has already replied and is going to look into the issue with his DHL rep tomorrow. He says this is a pretty rare occurrence. My mold is stuck in Franklin Park, IL. So I suspect anything that goes through Ohare would go through this customs location.

For you in South Texas, I doubt it would go through the same one. Anyway, I know it will get squared away. The not knowing the trick to getting it back started is what's eating at me :)

Old School Big Bore
02-10-2021, 04:21 PM
Good luck with yours. Hope it gets straightened out.
Ed <><

cwlongshot
02-10-2021, 04:53 PM
Never a problem. I know its frustrating!!

Good luck!

CW

elginrunner
02-11-2021, 09:38 AM
I ordered a mold last wed night, it shipped thursday morning, and was in customs hands on friday.... the tracking shows that it has cleared customs on tuesday, but no further movement!! aarrrrgggghhh I just don't know who to prod with a stick... is it customs that is hanging on to it, dhl for not checking if it's ready to leave.... I've no idea....

Green Frog
02-11-2021, 07:30 PM
I had a Christmas ornament stuck in that area for a month! It finally came along about New Year. I think there is an event horizon to a black hole somewhere in the vicinity of Chicago/0’Hare. [smilie=b:

Froggie

zarrinvz24
02-11-2021, 08:05 PM
From what I’ve heard there have been a series of bad storms up north. Packages as a whole have been moving slowly this week and I’ve seen several USPS items be rerouted much further south than usual.

AndyC
02-11-2021, 08:31 PM
Just got mine now from Miha - tracking shows it was routed via Cincinnati (ordered Sunday late afternoon) to N. Texas.