PDA

View Full Version : Earth to Dillon

JMax
02-09-2021, 05:40 PM
The web sight advises that orders need to be entered on line. Right now it appears to be impossible for me to enter an order on line even though I have an account. Get the order entered including my zip code and pressing the continue to check out it immediately takes me back to zip code needs to be entered. Tried it on two computers with exactly the same results. So I called yesterday and today and the voice message advised that press 1 for sales. The new message asks for the caller to enter extension number. Then the phone then hangs up.

Yesterday I sent Dillon a message not to be used for sales. Unfortunately other service options do not include sales problems.

It would be helpful for Dillon to have a stable web page for order entry and to include an option to get help ordering product. The biggest irritation is that their system sends you off to a dead zone and hangs up on you.

I hope others are not having these problems.

country gent
02-09-2021, 06:24 PM
Are you entering the old 5 digit or the new 9 digit ( XXXXX-XXXX) Ive ran into several that only accept the 9 digit

oldsman
02-09-2021, 06:27 PM
I just placed an order last weekend , I had no issues . I just tried it a minute ago after I saw your post , place item in cart went to cart , place zip code , it gave me shipping cost , press proceed to checkout , and it moved to the checkout page
note I was logged in

oldsman
02-09-2021, 06:28 PM
I used the 5 digit

JMax
02-09-2021, 06:35 PM
I have used both 5 and 9 digit zip codes with and without the hyphen

LUBEDUDE
02-09-2021, 07:37 PM
I think a lot of businesses are just overloaded due to COVID repercussions. I get similar situations with various online stores. And constant computerized phone problems with the bank, insurance, and other big businesses. The worst is waiting 20 minutes and getting dropped whenever transferred.

MrWolf
02-09-2021, 07:46 PM
I just placed an order Friday and received notification that it shipped today. I did notice on the notice today it had the zip +4 but do not recall having to put it in. Good luck.
Ron

JMax
02-09-2021, 07:57 PM
What is frustrating is that I bought my first RL300 in 1979 and a second one in 1982 and have numerous tool heads, powder measures and die sets for my 550s. I am a blue guy and the only web site that I have or had trouble with is Dillon. Most irritating

CoolHandMoss
02-09-2021, 08:01 PM
I got an online order placed and a subsequent phone order placed just last week. Smooth as could be.

Mike Kerr
02-09-2021, 11:01 PM
I know Lubedude is correct that the problem is very widespread. Look at post # 6. I don't post details because it is very frustrating and we are solving nothing in this thread. Except to share the pain.

Pete44mag
02-09-2021, 11:27 PM
I made an online order 2/4/21, received package today. I was fortunate they had the item in stock!

MrWolf
02-10-2021, 09:25 AM
What is frustrating is that I bought my first RL300 in 1979 and a second one in 1982 and have numerous tool heads, powder measures and die sets for my 550s. I am a blue guy and the only web site that I have or had trouble with is Dillon. Most irritating

Try rebooting your computer. Caches and such can mess things up on sites. I know you said tried it on two computers so can't hurt to try.

CastingFool
02-10-2021, 10:13 AM
Getting the runaround can be frustrating, but the ones that really get my goat is when I enter my email address, and the system tells me to enter a valid email address. For crying out loud, I've been using the same email address for 20 years!!!

JMax
02-10-2021, 10:16 AM
Done the rebooting etc. but here is the other side of the story, I cannot edit two items in my profile as they are locked, one is that Dillon has me listed as commercial instead of residential and the second is that I cannot edit my credit card information. I have never been a commercial customer. This problem resides with Dillon and there is no easy way to contact them for resolution of a data base issue. Hence my frustration at that lack of direct customer support.

John Wayne
02-10-2021, 11:38 AM
Dillon Precision is one of the finest customer oriented businesses in existence. I wouldn't bash them for 1 days issues.

1eyedjack
02-10-2021, 06:36 PM
Some sites seem to be browser selective - internet explorer DID work with a site I visited now have to use chrome...even Midway had a message to use other than I.E...could be a similar issue with Dillon??

Brassmonkey
02-10-2021, 08:16 PM
Dillon Precision is one of the finest customer oriented businesses in existence. I wouldn't bash them for 1 days issues.

I've called them three times and ordered twice in the last two months, always use the call back feature.

Murphy
02-10-2021, 09:18 PM
JMax,

I understand how frustrating those types of things can be. While business is booming, I can't imagine how frustrating it has to be on the other end. Currently, even the best of the best are up to their butt's in alligators. Hang in their friend, I'm sure it'll get lined out soon.

Murphy

JMax
02-11-2021, 12:28 PM
We got it resolved and now I can order online. It took some time and I am happy again. As a Dillon customer for 4 decades, yes 4 starting with an RL300 in 1979 I have been exceptionally happy with their service with this one excerption. I did have a brass polisher that quit after 15 or so years but cheerfully bought another.