PDA

View Full Version : Shout-out to/about DougGuy

AndyC
02-07-2021, 06:47 PM
Sent him my (new) CZ75 barrel as it had a very short throat - it wouldn't chamber cast/coated handloads to the OAL that all my other 9mms would.

The price was inexpensive and he had it back to me a few days after he received it - amazingly fast! The work is superb and I really like the included muzzle-crowning job - practical and gives it a custom appearance.

Thank you, Doug - you're the man; now I can finally shoot this dang thing the way it was meant to be used in my hands.

tazman
02-07-2021, 10:09 PM
I agree, he does good work. I had him throat some 45ACP barrels for me and they work fine.

Green Frog
02-07-2021, 11:24 PM
... and I've heard tell he makes good coffee too! I want to get down for a visit as soon as this Kung Flu stuff blows over. ;)

Froggie

samari46
02-08-2021, 03:11 AM
I've a S&W model 24 in 44 special. Crane is hitting the barrel. Eas that way when I got it.Can he do the work straightening and check the cylinder throats while he's at it.? Other wise I'll have to send it back to S&W> Frank

DougGuy
02-08-2021, 03:28 AM
I've a S&W model 24 in 44 special. Crane is hitting the barrel. Eas that way when I got it.Can he do the work straightening and check the cylinder throats while he's at it.? Other wise I'll have to send it back to S&W> Frank

Send that one back to S&W, when you get it back we can address the cylinder throats you send just the cylinder this way.

Drydock
02-08-2021, 04:45 PM
Did two .455 Webley cylinders for me, superb work.

FergusonTO35
02-08-2021, 04:50 PM
He did the throat on my Ruger PC carbine and it looks great, gonna give it some exercise today in fact.

jdm2691
02-08-2021, 07:56 PM
I visited Doug a few weeks ago as he lives about an hour or so north of me. Nice guy and very knowledgable, he worked his magic on my .45 Blackhawk convertible honing the throats and cutting the forcing cone. Gave me some tips on bullet selection and tapering too. Finally got to shoot it a week ago and accuracy is greatly improved. No coffee but hey, the cost was reasonable and it was well worth the trip!