PDA

View Full Version : Need 03 stock..any kind

omgb
12-31-2005, 09:25 PM
I found an 03 action and barrel. It has a stock attached to it but it is unusable do to some handyman gunsmithing. Do any of you have or know of, a stock that will fit the 03? Anything will do so long as it is serviceable. Please let me know.

R J Talley

XPNut
01-01-2006, 03:03 AM
The local gun shop here has one it's used but in good shape. "Black fiberglass of some sort" Ask for the gunsmith # (360)-837-3470

JSH
01-01-2006, 10:51 AM
omgb, I too have an 03 in about the same condition as yours. I have done the ebite, gunshop and after market route. I have aquired a couple of 03A3 stocks and handguards but no true 03 wood that suites me.
I don't know what others have found but, the one after market composite stock I found was not a drop in. It was made for a bent bolt and in the sporter mode with the rear sight collar removed, not what I wanted but servicable if you wanted to fit it.
If you are wanting to get it back to full military swing all I can say is good luck. Stuff is out there but getting pricey by the day. If you want I will gladly try to help on parts. You might want to find the exploded view and see what you have and don't have. As to the stocks Boyds has a couple of different styles, but I have gotten mixed reviews as to fit and finish on them.
I will advise if you want somthing to play with that shoots as well in the mean time you should grab a K31. I did and now have two of them.
Jeff

Ken O
01-01-2006, 09:18 PM
Did you try Doug's Stockpile? He has original Garand stocks for $5 and '03s from about $20. Here is a link Doug's Stockpile (http://www.dougsstockpile.com/1903s.html)

uncle guns
01-12-2006, 06:49 PM
I have 1 w/handguard, recent cmp purchase, I am gona re-stock w/boyds...
if ya want it PM. me.........

regards U.G.

fiberoptik
02-23-2006, 12:02 AM
I've got a brown plastic stock on mine. UGH!! I'd like to find some wood for it that looked ok, somewhat close to issue look & cheap. :violin:

fiberoptik
02-23-2006, 12:04 AM
Did you try Doug's Stockpile? He has original Garand stocks for $5 and '03s from about $20. Here is a link Doug's Stockpile (http://www.dougsstockpile.com/1903s.html)
Out of stock. :violin: :violin: :violin: