PDA

View Full Version : lee bullet feeder

rb dave
12-21-2008, 11:06 PM
purchased one for my pro 1000 in 38cal and it doesnt look possible for it to work. seems like collet on link must slide but is too tight to slide. online directions are same as what came with it and lee website shows videos for all the simple accessories but not this contraption. any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks dave

shotman
12-22-2008, 12:31 AM
sell it on feebay they are more trouble than there worth. They will work with jacket if there is not too many in tube. They dont work with cast at all. Also you have to have Lee dies.

Pepe Ray
12-22-2008, 02:27 AM
One part is true. You do need a Lee chambering die, it has the tapered mouth to expand the fingers.
Of course as with ANY new equipment there is a learning curve. Maybe you can't cut it. I've loaded thousands of cast boolet loads in 45 ACP. Depending on the lubricity of the lube and the wgt of the boolet, you may need to reduce the weight of the boolet column in the feed tube.
Otherwise it's like any other "automatic" machine. Learn to use it. Personally I have more trouble remembering to empty the dead primer receptacle.
If you get really fed up with it put a price on it and post it "for sale".
Pepe Ray

tonyb
12-22-2008, 03:01 AM
Personally I have more trouble remembering to empty the dead primer receptacle.

It's nice to know I'm not alone.:lol:

bfox
12-22-2008, 02:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlgqMQGht9w

Got one the other day they are pretty cool .

Bill

shotman
12-23-2008, 03:16 AM
you can still load twice as many by hand . And that junk is not in the way.

rb dave
12-26-2008, 06:09 PM
thanks bill for the video link. it shows the link rod sliding and now that i understand operation it works like a dream. seems like lee would make a video clip for these like a lot of their other accessories

bfox
12-27-2008, 02:45 PM
Glad you got it working good .
Got one for 45 auto and so far I like it .

Bill

TAWILDCATT
01-04-2009, 12:08 PM
I have a lee 1000 and added a bullet feeder.works fine but you do need the seater die.if you have a lathe you can do the old one.most problems are operator caused.many dont seem to have mecanical skill or have no patience.I have been able to fix any thing.maybe two years at Wentworth inst.as machinist/tool maker helped.:coffeecom :kidding:[smilie=1: