PDA

View Full Version : 2021 Maine Moose Lottery now open

Maineboy
02-03-2021, 08:51 PM
Here's a link to apply for a permit.
https://mooselottery.web.maine.gov/online/moose/?fbclid=IwAR2nPY2Eo1RSODSauashnbuWATyYTQa-q7raD6RoQH6WxReBQ3nlbNClol0
I've only been drawn once but I'm hopeful I'll get another permit this year!

Shawlerbrook
06-21-2021, 06:27 PM
Lotteries are generally fair, but a low chance of success.

white eagle
06-21-2021, 08:00 PM
looks like it is over already

Maineboy
06-22-2021, 07:33 AM
looks like it is over already

Yes, it's over and I was unsuccessful. Maybe next year.

white eagle
06-22-2021, 09:39 AM
good luck to ya

Dunross
06-22-2021, 10:00 AM
I'm a Floridian so moose are creatures of the television screen and picture books. I married a New England girl though and her uncle is a wildlife biologist in Maine. We went up to visit family one fall during the season and he was working a check station where the hunters took their kills. Saw five come in while we were there and the smallest was just over 800lbs field dressed.

I thought about that for a few minutes then asked "how the hell do you get them out of the swamp after you shoot one?" He laughed and said "you try not to shoot one too far from a road" then explained in the season the local loggers made side money renting out their skidders for fetching an animal out. A moose is a freezer filling proposition.

Shawlerbrook
06-22-2021, 01:43 PM
My dad shot one in Maine in 2013. The locals have an ingenious system using ropes and snatch blocks connected to their truck. Yes, if you shoot one further away than the length of their rope it’s Plan B.

Geezer in NH
06-22-2021, 05:26 PM
Pay attention folks original post was in February. Lotteries run by F&G are short and only for participants.

Go to their rules page for applying it explains every thing speculators have no idea on.

Note post was reopened by a newbie with 1 post the one that opened it and was off the wall then edited should say alot IMHO

Shawlerbrook
06-22-2021, 05:45 PM
Not looking to be argumentative, but what is wrong with a serious discussion opening up an old post ? I do agree that the newbie reopened it with a frivolous comment, but after that the discussion was informative and productive. I think we are paying attention but just wanted to discuss this topic.