PDA

View Full Version : ECHO C reloading press.

NevadaJack
02-03-2021, 03:57 PM
My uncle started reloading with this press back around 1950. He had a job where he was out in the middle of nowhere for a few months. He had lots of free time due to being isolated. So he decided to take up reloading. I'm so excited to obtain his old press. I'm taking it apart cleaning and lubing it. It is missing the shell plate holder. I'm a sucker for old presses. I found a guy on EBAY that sells a shell plate holder that fits many presses. I'm waiting to see if it will fit on the ECHO. Anyone have experience with the ECHO?

Pressman
02-03-2021, 05:04 PM
What shellholder fits your ECHO depends on which model you have, Model A, B, C or Champ. And possibly if the ram has been changed to accept snap-in shellholders. Most of the ECHO's use a threaded shellholder that is nearly impossible to find. Herter's threaded shellholders are more common and use the same threads so you can use them in a pinch.
ECHO, the E.C. Herkner Co. made presses for several years in the late 1950's into the 1960's. The company was sold to a Canadian group who unsuccessfully tried to keep it going as the Quako.

Along with the presses they made reloading dies and swaging dies for use on their press.

ECHO had several address's in the Salt Lake area during their life. An interesting tid bit is they made the first batch of JR 2 presses for RCBS, they are easy to spot as they had the ECHO splatter paint green color. Approximately 300 were made.

NevadaJack
02-04-2021, 02:20 AM
This press is a C. I tried to upload a pic but it errored out. I've never been able to upload a pic.

NevadaJack
02-04-2021, 02:23 AM
http://www.nevadashooters.com/attachments/pxl_20210202_194245813-jpg.83359/

Wayne Smith
02-04-2021, 10:42 AM
http://www.nevadashooters.com/attachments/pxl_20210202_194245813-jpg.83359/

"You must be logged in to do that".

Conditor22
02-04-2021, 11:59 AM
What shellholder fits your ECHO depends on which model you have, Model A, B, C or Champ. And possibly if the ram has been changed to accept snap-in shellholders. Most of the ECHO's use a threaded shellholder that is nearly impossible to find. Herter's threaded shellholders are more common and use the same threads so you can use them in a pinch.
ECHO, the E.C. Herkner Co. made presses for several years in the late 1950's into the 1960's. The company was sold to a Canadian group who unsuccessfully tried to keep it going as the Quako.

Along with the presses they made reloading dies and swaging dies for use on their press.

ECHO had several address's in the Salt Lake area during their life. An interesting tid bit is they made the first batch of JR 2 presses for RCBS, they are easy to spot as they had the ECHO splatter paint green color. Approximately 300 were made.

Make sure your picture is under 200 KB to be able to upload