PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use the bullet feeder being sold by Karl Bibbs?

dverna
02-03-2021, 11:53 AM
He is offering a complete system for $180 plus shipping.

One interesting feature is that there are two drop tubes on the feeder. One for nose up and one for nose down.

The main questions are:

Does it work well?
Will it work with cast bullets lubed with traditional lubes?
How many 158 gr .38 bullets will it hold?
How many rounds have you loaded with it?

Thanks!

Rcmaveric
02-03-2021, 12:52 PM
Thats the Ammo Mike Open Bullet Feeder we all use. Karl Bibs just prints them and sells them.

He will have all the files made by Mike but not any of the new recent stuff. As he only has permission to sell Mikes designs.

I cant vouch for his workmanship or ethics. But you would love the Ammo Mike OBF. I normally stack mine with 5 to 10 lbs of bullets. My motor is rated for higher but indont won't to over load it.

I have loaded a few thousand 9mm rounds with it on my Loadmaster. Wadcutters can be unreliable but my SWC and RN bullets in 9mm and 38 cal work great and reliably. No issues.

Haven't tried the nose down conversions.

Personally think 180 bucks is expensive for what you're getting but as long as his quality and attention to detail is top notch its not a horrible deal and not highway robbery.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

dverna
02-04-2021, 08:47 AM
Rcmavric,
Thanks for shedding some light on my questions.

If it works, it is a bargain for me as I only need one unit. Buying a printer and the bits and pieces will cost $500 and no assurance what I make will work....so $180 is cheap. I would rather buy the MBF unit for $500 than make one.

But if it will not work with traditional cast bullets I have no use for it. All the info I have seen so far shows using jacketed or PC. Was hoping to get more feedback but it looks like no one has experience with it.

Think I will try the Dillon forum