PDA

View Full Version : Members new to casting and loading.

Bazoo
02-02-2021, 03:54 AM
I see a raft I new members, or members new to casting and or loading. I just wanted to offer my assistance, if I happen to be in your area, and you need some help learning, or figuring out what you need. I can show ladle casting, pan lubing, lubesizing, tumble lubing, and of course, loading.

I learned the hard way, and I'm still learning. It sure would have been nice if I could have had someone there to say, "the reason it ain't working is cause your mold is too cold".

I'm sure there are plenty of other members in different areas that are willing to help too, so speak up if you need help.

Winger Ed.
02-02-2021, 04:01 AM
I'm on board for that.

I'm always glad to teach the non-scientific, time honored, certified, and official- redneck ways of doing things.:bigsmyl2:

parson48
02-02-2021, 12:44 PM
I encounter quite a few on other sites who have questions regarding casting and powder coating- I always direct them toward this place. You can get good info from kindergarten to grad school level here!!

myg30
02-11-2021, 12:35 PM
I learned a lot reading on here about casting. My coworker got me started and interested but the technique and skills were all gotten here to cast good boolits !
After my wife and I get settled from moving, I too will be more than happy to assist a newcomer or old timer in casting and reloading.
I can’t wait to enjoy retirement ! Since I left work 12/31 I’m working harder at home and twice as busy building,sorting,fixing. The days are flying by.

Mike

miketowne
02-11-2021, 01:21 PM
iI am in Joelton,Tn and need all the help I can get. Not new to reloading but very new to casting.

Bazoo
02-11-2021, 05:53 PM
Welcome to the forum Mike. You ever make it up here? We need to get some traffic on this tread and connect members for casting lessons!

tinhorn97062
02-11-2021, 07:25 PM
Well, I’m going to jump in here also. I’m located in SoCal, and would be happy to help a person get going. I’m a big fan of keeping things simple, and I’m also a big fan of sharing knowledge with those who want to learn. PM me if you’re in the area and need some help.

-Charlie

BJK
02-11-2021, 07:35 PM
Why not a thread that connects noobs up with mentors? I'm definitely up with that. I know quite a lot about reloading but don't know squat about casting (but I will). I'm willing to help and receive help.

Hodagtrapper
02-11-2021, 07:36 PM
I am a newbie and enjoy following along on this very informative site. Live in Rhinelander, Wisconsin and would love a mentor.

Chris

gbrown
02-11-2021, 08:26 PM
I'm in SETX, I'd be glad to help someone starting out. PM and we can work on a FTF.

Bloodman14
02-11-2021, 09:43 PM
Here in Lebanon, MO., and work a weird schedule (healthcare), but would love to be a mentor, as well.

Bazoo
02-11-2021, 10:05 PM
Nice to see members willing to share their knowledge and skills. Thanks everyone!