PDA

View Full Version : pilled all up again today

Lloyd Smale
12-21-2008, 05:16 PM
went chasing buffalo yesterday and im really paying for it. Just sitting here thinking how much this board and my freinds on it have helped me through the last two years of constant surgery recovery. Ive spent many of those hours on here and have become even better friends with some of you. It never quits amazing me that a guy can have such good friends and have never met them personaly. Im not one to make alot of friends as im more of a loner and the friends i do have are more like brothers then friends. i just want you guys to know that i count many of you in on that statement. A guy could put together a big posse out of guys on here to Ride The River With. Thanks to all of you and I hope you and your familys (especially your children) have a real nice Christmas this year.

mike in co
12-21-2008, 05:27 PM
they dont make buffalo calls ???

hope you feel better

mike in co

45nut
12-21-2008, 05:29 PM
Can't agree more!

I was truly amazed by the outpouring of help I have received and "grateful" does not even come close to my feelings.

Even as we grow here we can make room and welcome those new to the silver stream and hope that they too can be as close as many of us have become despite never having met personally.

Thanks to all of you and I hope you and your familys (especially your children) have a real nice Christmas this year.

montana_charlie
12-21-2008, 05:42 PM
went chasing buffalo yesterday and im really paying for it.
A lot less work if you let 'em come in to a good spread of decoys...
CM

dromia
12-21-2008, 05:59 PM
All the best to you Lloyd for 2008.

DLCTEX
12-21-2008, 07:43 PM
Merry Christmas Lloyd and best wishes for 2009. I'd like to trade some pain for buffalo (not too much).

Boerrancher
12-21-2008, 08:36 PM
Lloyd,

I know exactly how you feel. I only wish I had found this site during the two years I spent in army hospitals after my tour. I have made some real good friends here and some have even become like family. One the days that I am not able to get out and about this board keeps me from going insane. The ideas, and help I have gleaned from here is amazing. Thank you all.

Best wishes from the Boer Ranch,

Joe

Kuato
12-21-2008, 09:00 PM
IMHO, most of the finest people I've known are right here on this site!

Echo
12-21-2008, 09:30 PM
+1 on all the above. While a pure Newbie, being here only a few months, I feel a kinship and camaraderie not found elsewhere. Lloyd, and the rest, I wish all a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. I also wish good (Better?) health for the new year, and a full game bag or creel.

Dale53
12-22-2008, 01:20 AM
Lloyd;
I would like to wish you and everyone else on the board a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. You fellas and gals will never know how much I appreciate your "visits" on this forum. To those who have been especially helpful this past year ( you know who you are) "I salute you!"

Dale53

Lloyd Smale
12-22-2008, 08:01 AM
Joe you deserve more thanks then anyone on this board. What you did and sacraficed was way over and above anything that has to do with casting or shooting. God Bless you!!!!
Lloyd,

I know exactly how you feel. I only wish I had found this site during the two years I spent in army hospitals after my tour. I have made some real good friends here and some have even become like family. One the days that I am not able to get out and about this board keeps me from going insane. The ideas, and help I have gleaned from here is amazing. Thank you all.

Best wishes from the Boer Ranch,

Joe

cajun shooter
12-22-2008, 08:55 AM
As a person who spent 5 1/2 months in a Army hospital in 67. I only wish that we had such things as the pc. Had a Large Radio that I would turn on to WWL out of Chicago and listen to old Rock&Roll. Welcome Home Joe and a Big Thank You For your service. This site has some truly wonderful people who like myself will go out of their way to help another person. Reminds me of another brotherhood that I was a member of. THe Law Dogs of this Country. Wishing you the best Lloyd

Bret4207
12-22-2008, 09:08 AM
First off, I'm jealous of anyone who can go buffalo hunting! Around here I could conceivably hunt guys FROM Buffalo, but not too many buff's aside from a couple farms. Count yourself lucky, no matter how stiff and sore you are Lloyd!

I have to agree with the sentiment about many of my best "friends" being here. The guys have helped me through some tough times, made some happy times even better and always, ALWAYS, have come through for me.

Merry Christmas and thanks to all of you!

StrawHat
12-22-2008, 09:26 AM
Always glad to hear the details of the hunt when you have the opportunity to post them. Like Brett, I am envious of anyone that can hunt buffalo.

Like you and others I look forward to the chances I get to listen to and learn from others on this site.

Thanks to you Lloyd and others.

Happy Christmas to all...

Doc Highwall
12-22-2008, 09:44 AM
This sit has helped me also. I wish I had known about it when I went through my surgeries. I am sitting here waiting to here from my lawyers who have a meeting today with the workman's comp commissioner. I got hurt at work in April and they took me to the hospital in a ambulance and still denied my workman's comp, talk about low life people. I spent two days in the emergency room and a week in a nursing home and the doctors will not see me because of the workman's comp claim and they want to get paid. Welcome to the corporate greed. PS I use to hunt elephants but I had to give it up, the decoys just got to be too heavy to carry around and set up.

44man
12-22-2008, 10:54 AM
I have aches and pains myself but ignore them and am thankful for decent health for my age. I stay away from all doctors unless I really need one.
But When I read of my friends here having problems I feel bad and pray for all of you.
We might disagree on things once in a while but that is healthy too. Some of us have money problems and some have health problems, health is always the worst.
I know all about getting injured on the job and not having them pay doctor bills or being threatened to be fired. You are labeled a liar as the ambulance hauls you off. Years of fighting to get what is due you because your benefits were supposed to pay for insurance. The companies do not want rates to increase. The employee is a piece of meat that can be replaced.
Lloyd, I know it was hard on you but you still went out instead of sitting around feeling sorry for yourself. Good for you!
To all of you, whether healthy or with some problems, I wish you a very merry Christmas and a very good new year. I will pray that your pains go away! :drinks:

Blammer
12-22-2008, 11:02 AM
I have met more people in person from this site and also have a great friend who is local to me that I never would have met otherwise.

This is only 2 yrs after I joined.

It IS truely appreciated.

Wayne Smith
12-22-2008, 11:06 AM
Lloyd, sorry to hear you are 'all piled up again'. Buffalo will do that to you? Onliest thing we have to hunt here are tourists! Can't even shoot the squirrels in the back yard. Have to rely on the cat to get rid of them. Oh, well, at least we aren't chest deep in snow.

Lloyd and others, Merry Christmas. This place has ment a lot to me for a lotta years.

Hardcast416taylor
12-22-2008, 11:50 AM
Hey Lloyd, You must be near the Renegade game ranch for buff`. I am sorry to hear about the pain resulting from fun. Get better, my upper mitten friend. I have a friend in Cheybogan that guides elk permit winners. He went 2 tours in `Nam as a marine sniper then he started feeling strangely. Turned out he had been working in an area sprayed with agent orange. He has little feeling in his legs from the hips down, but still hunts each fall and guides. I`ve had enough surgeries to equal Frankenstein! The only difference between us is I don`t have the bolts on my neck, yet! Kind of funny with my buddy, neither of us talk about `Nam, 2 tours apiece with the Corps. I know how Doc feels with workmans comp. I was buried in a trench cave-in, 12 ft. down. I wasn`t breathing when excavated and taken by ambulance to emergency. Was let out 6 days later, I`m still argueing the settlement 2 yrs later. Amazing fact that my boss started re-inforcing the trench sides AFTER my cave -in. Merry Christmas to all that read this, and a healthy and Happy New Year...:-D Robert

mroliver77
12-22-2008, 01:37 PM
Sorry to mhear of your pain Lloyed. I too have been busted up and bolted back together. Hunting (and most anything physical) brings suffering to me but I still love it!! I have a pal that was hit while flagging traffic on a hiway job. We hunt together at times and the others that go with us chide us and call us gimps etc but worry more about how we feel than we do. There arte times when I think I am the on;iest one in the world stuck inside hurting. This site helped me alot a few years back when I went through surgeries.
Also I thank each and every one that served our country and double to them that came home injured.
Jay

HABCAN
12-22-2008, 06:43 PM
A very Merry Christmas to you all! I pray we all have a better 2009 than we are expecting.

BOOM BOOM
12-22-2008, 08:42 PM
HI,
I'M BACK.
FREE FOR 2 WEEKS FROM TEACHING SCHOOL .
So can get to an unblocked computer.
I can have for you empathy for you Lloyd , I went to karate practice this A.M. 2hr. then came home to shovel snow for 2 hr. Blah! Got about 8" today.
So I'm on anti inflamitories & & muscle relaxents.:Fire:

Frank46
12-22-2008, 10:08 PM
Here's wishing all of you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year.
Frank

MT Gianni
12-22-2008, 10:43 PM
HI,
I'M BACK.
FREE FOR 2 WEEKS FROM TEACHING SCHOOL .
So can get to an unblocked computer.
I can have for you empathy for you Lloyd , I went to karate practice this A.M. 2hr. then came home to shovel snow for 2 hr. Blah! Got about 8" today.
So I'm on anti inflamitories & & muscle relaxents.:Fire:

Hope that both of you heal quickly. BOOM BOOM, if you have done anything new with the 7mm-06 please start a new thread. Thanks Gianni

Down South
12-23-2008, 07:57 AM
I hope you get better soon Lloyd. I know a little about aches and pains. It doesn't take much to get me down either with a bad back. But I'm proud of my bad back. I worked hard for it. Joking aside, there are a bunch of wonderful people here. Merry Christmas to all.

jlchucker
12-23-2008, 03:15 PM
merry christmas, lloyd--and a happy 2009!

alamogunr
12-23-2008, 04:19 PM
Thanks to Lloyd for starting this thread. Lloyd, you and all who are dealing with health issues are in my prayers. While I'm at it I will give thanks for my good health and ask that when it fails(and it eventually will) that I can deal with it as well as all of you have. MERRY CHRISTMAS!
John

copdills
12-23-2008, 05:45 PM
Merry Christmas Lloyd , how do you call Buffalo & just how big is a buffalo caller anyhow :holysheep LOL

God Bless you Sir: copdills

home in oz
12-23-2008, 06:00 PM
Retired from Teaching.

Adds a special sweetness to being off work.

Lost most of last fall and winter recovering from surgery, so I can relate to the being piled up!

Merry Christmas!

Thumbcocker
12-23-2008, 06:07 PM
Maybe if you eased into things Lloyd you could work up to buff. Start with buffalo chips and then work you way up to the whole critter. The problem then is getting the buffalo into the chipper. [smilie=1:

On a serious note. I don't think I have ever met any of you in person but a lot of you are friends. I am amazed at the generosity and warmth on this list. Many of you are amazing human beings both in knowledge of all things boolit and your compassion for others.

I am proud to hang out here and glean the benefit of your experience and caring.

Sprue
12-23-2008, 07:17 PM
I used to run or send a lot of cw (morse code) over ham radio and have had these exact sentiments. Over years past, on the air waves, I've many friends that I would not know if we brushed elbows or even heard one of their voices. Pretty much the same here as well.

A safe Merry Christmas and best of Health to us all !

Thank You! :drinks:

.... .- .--. .--. -.-- -. . .-- -.-- . .- .-.

Dale53
12-24-2008, 01:29 AM
Sprue,
Greetings to an old ham! My call letters were W8VQH (CQ, CQ, CQ, calling CQ. This is W8VQH....)

Boy THAT brings back old memories from a lifetime ago.
Dale53