PDA

View Full Version : Can Anyone Spare a Lyman Sizere/Lubricator Adjustment Screw??

namsag
02-01-2021, 03:09 AM
Part #10 on the diagram.

https://www.lymanproducts.com/4500-lubricator-sizer-replacement-parts

New at all of this, I have enjoyed casting some bullets the last few days, ready to start sizing and lubing.

I have a used machine that I bought, in generally great shape, but my adjusting screw was kind of stripped right where I need it to be adjusted to size and lube my .45 Colt bullets. When I tried to adjust it and tighten it down (by fingers) it came apart. I guess it was ready to fall apart when I got it.

I have ordered a replacement from Lyman but who knows when it will come in.

I have the week off and this was my project for the week, lubing and casting bullets.

If you can help me salvage the bullet lubing for the week. If you can spare it, drop one in a bubbled envelope from the post office and mail it to me (PM me for address), and when mine comes in I will send you my new one and something for your trouble.

If you will PM me we can work out terms.

Help me save my week off!

Thanks, namsag

onelight
02-01-2021, 09:11 AM
Have you tried taking the broken one to the hardware store to see it you can match one up ?

metricmonkeywrench
02-01-2021, 09:25 AM
is there enough left to screw it in from the top to get the adjustment you need for now

Stockcarver
02-01-2021, 11:42 AM
Dang if you were near me I would make one for you. Easy lathe job.

Stockcarver
02-01-2021, 12:47 PM
Took a photo of mine. My 450 is one of the older ones, the screw is simply a length of 3/8" diameter threader rod (16 threads per inch) with a 1/4" diameter hole through it.

From the drawings the newer ones look like it has an integral knurled end instead of just a straight rod.

Anyway, ease make on the lathe.

If you have problems finding a replacement, let me know and I will make one and send to you.

Take a photo, measure the diameter (should be a few thousandths under 3/8") and count the number of threads per inch. And the overall length of the threaded screw and the diameter of the ejector rod. Post your findings here.

https://i.imgur.com/7tYzLrT.jpg

namsag
02-02-2021, 12:25 PM
Thank you sir for your kind offer, I think I have found one locally. I do appreciate your assistance.

ReloaderFred
02-02-2021, 12:59 PM
The OP found what he needed, so this thread is closed.