PDA

View Full Version : USPS? (Again)

Kraschenbirn
01-31-2021, 06:37 PM
Anyone seen anything like this?

Ordered an IWB from Veeder for my SIG...Veeder is located about 30 miles NW of Orlando, FL...and, when I checked tracking a couple days after receiving notice of shipment from the seller, my package was 'in transit' at a USPS 'Distribution Center' in SAN JUAN, PUERTO RICO. Last time I looked at a map, that's over a thousand miles in the opposite direction from my delivery address.

Bill

Nelsonholsters
01-31-2021, 06:47 PM
Yes, I have had major issues with usps, ups and fedex over the last 3 months with some packages being over 2 months late.
Nothing has been lost just delayed, running back and forth, rerouted or just not moving.
It the worst I have ever seen.
The excuse I keep getting from all three major shippers is it's due to covid-19 restrictions and less workers in the sitting facility's.
I don't know but it's rediculous.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

2A-Jay
01-31-2021, 06:47 PM
I sometimes wonder if I shipped a Camera to myself USPS would I then have pictures of the Vacation my Camera took.

I shipped a gift to a friend in Idaho (I live on the Long Beach Peninsula in WA) I followed the tracking, the package went to Rancho Cucamonga (I grew up there) in CA, then to New Mexico, back to WA then Oregon before being delivered to Nampa Idaho! I could have driven it there myself in less than a day.

Nelsonholsters
01-31-2021, 06:57 PM
If I mail anything locally it's got to about three hours away and be sorted before it's delivered.
I ordered some hardware from charlotte nc ( about a hour or do away from me) it took over a month and a half to arrive.

salpal48
01-31-2021, 07:03 PM
Just remember there Motto" We here You, We Care, Were Working"

Nelsonholsters
01-31-2021, 07:10 PM
Fedex delivered medical supplies for my wife to my neibor and had down that I signed for them.
Nobody was home there and nobody signed for them.

rockrat
01-31-2021, 07:50 PM
I think its called job security for them.

tankgunner59
01-31-2021, 09:01 PM
I have had several orders that I tracked. Each one says delivery by "date". On the day it's supposed to be delivered when I check the tracking all it said was Your item is arriving late, but is still in transit to the destination. Then it will arrive anywhere from a week to a month late.

StuBach
01-31-2021, 09:51 PM
Anyone who manages employees will tell you, Covid is a real issue with staffing. That being said, we’re almost a year into this now and it’s looking like the end is further out than anyone hoped. If businesses haven’t already realized it, the world has changed so it’s long past the time to adapt and get back to business. I’ve been telling all my business owners, Covid is a problem to overcome, not an excuse why you can’t.

Covid is a very real thing (whole family had it and it’s not fun), I’m out in public every day working it’s people and it took me over 9 months before I got lazy with my precautions and got it, you can work and be safe at the same time. Time for things to adapt and move forward not stay locked down and afraid.

USPS/UPS/FEdEx your failing your end users miserably and eventually they will find a solution that works. Which one of you can do it first will win.

*Please wear your mask. If you don’t want to but it’s required in your area please don’t give workers a hard time for making you wear it, it’s their job.

Gtrubicon
01-31-2021, 10:37 PM
A few years ago there was a seller on eBay that I had many transactions with over a 3-4 month time frame. The seller was from Texas, I am in California, every time I tracked the package, many of them, they would go to Hawaii before being delivered to California.

bedbugbilly
02-01-2021, 11:04 AM
Well . . . my wife and I got a Christmas card this past Saturday - January 30th - the card was mailed on December 15th . . . does that tell you anything? From Michigan to Arizona in 45 days - a new speed record!

fiberoptik
02-01-2021, 12:32 PM
Our meds came within the state of Fl. it only took 3 weeks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk