PDA

View Full Version : Prompted by something I read, and read, and read.......

parson48
01-31-2021, 10:40 AM
What is the Chicken Little syndrome?
Fearmongering – whether justified or not – can sometimes elicit a societal response called Chicken Little syndrome, described as "inferring catastrophic conclusions possibly resulting in paralysis". It has also been defined as "a sense of despair or passivity which blocks the audience from actions".:smile:

waksupi
01-31-2021, 12:23 PM
Hand in hand, with "The Little Boy Who Cried Wolf"!

Minerat
01-31-2021, 12:44 PM
And the ant and the grasshopper philosophy.

Winger Ed.
01-31-2021, 01:37 PM
Some people will ALWAYS find, and have something to worry themselves sick over.

It's like the need to have a boogey man, different ones come and go, but there will always be one.

sparky45
01-31-2021, 01:47 PM
Kinda like the Devil's playground.

monadnock#5
01-31-2021, 03:57 PM
Moby Dick, the two whale boat captains. You never know what your response will be until you've met the white whale.

gbrown
01-31-2021, 09:05 PM
Some people will ALWAYS find, and have something to worry themselves sick over.

It's like the need to have a boogey man, different ones come and go, but there will always be one.

My attitude about the Boogeyman. Let him show up, shoot, gut, skin and see what he tastes like. Just my way of thinking. Mr. and Mrs. Brown didn't raise no coward. I don't see problems, I see opportunities to show how creative or smart I can be. I believe in my Maker and Savior, they got my 6.

fixit
01-31-2021, 09:15 PM
All of this goes with something I've been saying ever since this covid-mania started..... chicken little has finally found an audience!!!

jimlj
02-01-2021, 01:11 AM
All of this goes with something I've been saying ever since this covid-mania started..... chicken little has finally found an audience!!!

You beat me to it.
The local "news" station had to report on someones glass oven door shattering as the lead story because President Trump is gone and the covid case/death rate had fallen for several days in a row. I guess we have to be more afraid our oven door will explode over getting covid.

tinsnips
02-01-2021, 09:26 AM
I think it is because they have turned everybody into wimps. People now days like to have something to worry about all the time.

bedbugbilly
02-01-2021, 11:00 AM
Sorry - the sky ain't falling . . .. it's just the sensation of some folks trying to pull the carpet out from under your feet.

fixit
02-01-2021, 03:40 PM
Sorry - the sky ain't falling . . .. it's just the sensation of some folks trying to pull the carpet out from under your feet.

I LOVE IT! You hit the nail on the head with that!

.429&H110
02-04-2021, 09:54 PM
I think I posted "The Emperor Has No Clothes"
Chicken Little was an optimist. Only the sky?