PDA

View Full Version : Found new info on old Ideal moulds....

msp2640
01-28-2021, 07:54 PM
Gents - As I usually read a hell of lot more than I post, but recent reading prompted me to this post. I was looking thru Castpics, as I have before, but earlier I was looking thru the old 1929 Ideal catalog of moulds. I was surprised how many of the "old designs" are still around. Some designs that I thought were more recent were also present. I had thought the 429421 came along later than 1929, but was shocked to see it listed, along with it's supposed predecessor 429336. I was just as suprised to see the 311410 listed, as I've cast and loaded alot of those for use in an '03 Springfield. My original intent was to find info on a recent addtion to the accumulation of moulds here - an Ideal 454309. As much as it was interesting to see the others, I was surprised to see this one was not even listed. I'm not sure if it came along later or predates the 1929 catalog. When I have more time I'll dig into it more and go thru the other PDFs to try to find it. Just interesting to read the history in some of the designs when scrolling thru it. Cheers - Bill in MA

Bazoo
01-28-2021, 08:47 PM
The Lyman 46 has an article with some of those details. It includes a list of reused numbers and what they were previously. I'm quite interested in that sort of thing myself.