PDA

View Full Version : Arsenal Molds Still In Business?

WT101
01-27-2021, 08:07 PM
Hey folks, is Arsenal still in business? I emailed them a couple of questions over the last couple of months and no response to those. Placed an order back in early December, got email that due to COVID and what not it might be 3-4 weeks before mold shipped.

Emailed about the status of the order last night and haven't heard back.

Is Jared just busy or was the business a casualty of COVID?

deerstalkerks
01-27-2021, 08:34 PM
That' a GOOD ? I have emailed, called left messages about a 6.8spc mold and still NO response. And that was last year! I guess if and or when, or I quit casting I might see a mold..

Targa
01-27-2021, 08:37 PM
Yes, still in business but very busy. He has around a 6 week turn around on his molds right now, I am about 3 weeks into that wait on my latest order.

kungfustyle
01-27-2021, 08:41 PM
Yes! He is still in business. Just got a mold from him last month. Good stuff, great prices, just may have to bear with him right now. Most just show out of stock. Arsenal hasn't let me down yet.

xiholdtruex
05-05-2021, 03:03 PM
Did everyone end up getting there molds?

sixgunner452
05-05-2021, 11:50 PM
I ordered and rec'd a mold in about 4 weeks about a month ago. I never could get a response. Email or phone. Still making molds though. Good mold too. Randy.

Targa
05-06-2021, 07:45 AM
I did get my mold, it took about 8 weeks. About 7 weeks into I emailed Jared just to see if my order was still on his radar and he promptly responded that it was.

Huskerguy
05-07-2021, 10:23 PM
Can't speak to if they are in business or not but I suspect they are. Even before all this shortage stuff hit, communication was not that great from my experience. I had a mold that didn't make past it's second pot of lead before the alignment pins walked out. Eventually it was repaired but I paid to send it back.

Emails were never answered. Eventually voice mail was. Keep trying is the best I can say, on a good day, it ain't great.

dannyd
05-08-2021, 05:43 AM
They are alive and well my new mould should be here today by USPS tracking. Ordered it couple weeks ago and getting it a head of time promised. Got three email updates telling me the progress of my order.

update: got the new mold today looks great. Ordered 4.18.21 3 weeks not to bad.

xiholdtruex
05-10-2021, 06:21 PM
I ordered 3 moulds 3/18/21 and have not had any update or response which is why I am asking lol I will try to email him to see if there is any update. Thanks for all the responses!

Cargo
05-10-2021, 06:28 PM
I ordered mine 3/21 and I'm glad to hear moulds are still coming through.

Capt.Red.44
05-10-2021, 07:37 PM
I ordered 2 molds last week. I sure hope all is well. I did get order received email.

kerplode
05-10-2021, 07:50 PM
FWIW, I ordered a couple molds from Arsenal on 2/16/2021 and received them 5/8/2021. They look great and I expect they'll drop really good boolits!

I think Arsenal is just totally swamped like everyone else. Give it some time and your patience will be rewarded.

dannyd
05-10-2021, 08:58 PM
I think the more common the mold: the faster the service.

crashcraft
05-10-2021, 11:25 PM
I ordered a mold on February 20,2021 and it was shipped May 4,2021.

phaessler
05-11-2021, 11:17 AM
Still moving quicker than the group buys..... Ordered a 9mm mold back first week of Feb, 5 weeks.... good quality, and wished I had ordered 2.

Cargo
05-25-2021, 02:44 PM
I emailed Arsenal yesterday and had a reply this morning. Jared said they're about to start on .40 molds next week. I'm looking forward to some five cavity 200 grain goodness.

Blood Trail
08-14-2023, 09:53 PM
I know this an old thread, but ordered a mold, in stock, on the 3rd. Received an email that they received my payment the same day. Never got an email with a confirmation number. I’ve called and sent emails multiple times. Nothing.

Guess I’ll have to file a fraudulent claim through my bank.

Targa
08-15-2023, 12:56 AM
Arsenal and Accurate are not who you order from if you don’t have the patience to wait a couple of months for a mold. They are however, well worth the wait if you want top of the line customized molds.
If you want a mold in a hurry MP and NOE are the way to go.

Blood Trail
08-15-2023, 11:37 AM
Arsenal and Accurate are not who you order from if you don’t have the patience to wait a couple of months for a mold. They are however, well worth the wait if you want top of the line customized molds.

I’d thought it’d be a lot quicker to ship if they had it in stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kerplode
08-15-2023, 12:32 PM
Dude, seriously? It hasn't even been two weeks yet and you're already threatening a charge-back?

Patience. Arsenal isn't Amazon. They're a very small operation. It'll probably take a month or two but you'll get your molds and they'll be awesome.

cwlongshot
08-15-2023, 12:35 PM
Dude, seriously? It hasn't even been two weeks yet and you're already threatening a charge-back?

Patience. Arsenal isn't Amazon. They're a very small operation. It'll probably take a month or two but you'll get your molds and they'll be awesome.

I agree 100%. Just take it easy. They make a good solid quality mold. All small
Companies have been hit hard with this couff nonsense. Might be 6-8 weeks but you will enjoy the mold for a LIFETIME. I have more then a few. They are good symtuff worth the wait.

CW

Blood Trail
08-16-2023, 05:43 AM

Yeah seriously. When you don’t return calls or answer emails, what is the consumer to do? That’s not good business practice.

Targa
08-16-2023, 08:01 AM
My last mold from Arsenal was almost 2 years ago and I remember the turn around was in the neighborhood of 6 weeks. After 7 weeks I sent Jared an email to make sure that my order was still on his radar to which he applied that it was. I received the mold about a week later, so about 8 weeks total.
It looks like the website is now showing a turn around of 2-3weeks. I am sure the man is hopping busy and that there is a fine line between spending time responding to what I would imagine amounts to a large amount of inquiries or to focus on getting the orders out. I would reconsider contesting the charge, once you get the mold you will be impressed by it.

JonB_in_Glencoe
08-16-2023, 11:16 AM
I’d thought it’d be a lot quicker to ship if they had it in stock.
I don't see any "in stock" ready to ship molds on Jared's webpage?
He cuts molds custom to your design, or a design selected from his webpage.
His website does say 2-3 weeks...so maybe keep your shorts on for another couple weeks before you call the bank.
I have a few Molds custom cut by Jared and they are among the favorites of my overly large collection of molds.

Blood Trail
08-16-2023, 12:51 PM
I don't see any "in stock" ready to ship molds on Jared's webpage?
He cuts molds custom to your design, or a design selected from his webpage.
His website does say 2-3 weeks...so maybe keep your shorts on for another couple weeks before you call the bank.
I have a few Molds custom cut by Jared and they are among the favorites of my overly large collection of molds.

Yeah, so you’re missing the point. I’m good with the lag time on the mold, but I don’t need to hear that from some dude on an internet forum. I need to hear that from him. I’m the consumer paying my hard earned money. All I want is a response. That’s it. Apparently, he has issues getting back to customers. How do you think I found this thread?

I’d never post if Jared would of returned a phone call or answered an email (a support email at that).

Requesting communication for an order from customer to seller is not an unreasonable request.

deces
08-16-2023, 02:22 PM
It must be a really small business of one now days.
https://arsenalmolds.com/about-us

1Hawkeye
08-16-2023, 02:23 PM
Yeah, so you’re missing the point. I’m good with the lag time on the mold, but I don’t need to here that from some dude on an internet forum. I need to hear that from him. I’m the consumer paying my hard earned money. All I want is a response. That’s it. Apparently, he has issues getting back to customers. How do you think I found this thread?

I’d never post if Jared would of returned a phone call or answered an email (a support email at that).

Requesting communication for an order from customer to seller is not an unreasonable request.

Wa wa wa. Arsenal is a one man operation who hasn't had anything in stock ready to ship since before covid. Just cause you can't have it in your hands by the last mouse click is not a reason to start bashing someone. Quality takes time and your order has a lot more in front of it.

Blood Trail
08-16-2023, 03:31 PM
Wa wa wa. Arsenal is a one man operation who hasn't had anything in stock ready to ship since before covid. Just cause you can't have it in your hands by the last mouse click is not a reason to start bashing someone. Quality takes time and your order has a lot more in front of it.

Haha! I bet you’re a blast at parties.

Anyway, I wasn’t bashing anyone. It’s obvious this man has a problem with communicating with his customers. That in itself is a problem. I can see reading comprehension isn’t your forte, here’s a brief synopsis of my previous statement:

I’m ok with a 3-4 week wait. I would like to hear that from him, and not some folks on an internet forum.

That is all. Pretty simple, there, bud.

BTW, I purposely chose that mold because according to his website, when I made the options, it said there were two in stock. So there’s that.

gc45
08-16-2023, 07:15 PM
[QUOTE=Blood Trail;5612920]Yeah seriously. When you don’t return calls or answer emails, what is the consumer to do? That’s not good business practice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Doubt you will get support here on CB. Quality takes time, you are not owed Arsenal's response to impatience. As for good business practice, Arsenal has and still does that, we call it quality mold making not Chinese stuff from Amazon or like other companies are doing. If wanting a mold now, buy one ready made; most here just wait our turn, because we prefer quality. Jerod is a small one man shop, he works making Molds, not typing email responses. Oh, you are going to hear it from this forum like it or not. We have few Mold Makers left as it is, we don't need to complain about their office expertise.

huntinlever
08-16-2023, 07:37 PM

No experience with Arsenal but to chime in on Tom and Accurate, yes, a pure craftsman who spends his time doing top shelf work, and that is all I ask of him or any other craftsman. Tom is in addition a great guy. I imagine it's no different with Arsenal. Quality takes time.

cwlongshot
08-16-2023, 08:28 PM
Second thought... Nope Nothing ta add

Blood Trail
08-16-2023, 09:24 PM
No experience with Arsenal but to chime in on Tom and Accurate, yes, a pure craftsman who spends his time doing top shelf work, and that is all I ask of him or any other craftsman. Tom is in addition a great guy. I imagine it's no different with Arsenal. Quality takes time.

Tom’s great to work with. He’s cutting some molds for my Mastercasters. He answers emails and phones calls.

dimaprok
08-17-2023, 04:24 AM
Throughout few years I emailed Arsenal 4 or so times with the intention to buy a mold and NEVER got a response. Someone suggested I try to message through Facebook and I did; they did respond after a long time but at that point, it was too late I found a different mold and moved on. It's a shame because I liked their prices and I wanted to order.

Tom at Accurate on the other hand responded to my inquiries.

Randy Bohannon
08-17-2023, 01:23 PM
Steve Brooks and Accurate delivered my two recent mould orders before their quoted time lines with excellent communication and superior craftsmanship. No excuses other than he doesn’t care to field customer concerns.

MT Gianni
08-17-2023, 01:56 PM

I don't know what your experience has been with Accurate but I have always been quoted 2-3 weeks and received my order in 3-5 days.

huntinlever
08-17-2023, 03:33 PM
I don't know what your experience has been with Accurate but I have always been quoted 2-3 weeks and received my order in 3-5 days.

Lol, I thought I'd seen "305 days" and was shocked. :-o

Four-Sixty
08-18-2023, 02:33 PM
I bought an Arsenal brass 2 cavity 44 caliber mold that the alignment pins seemed off. It had a little 'hitch' when it closed. One of the alignment pins fell out. I returned it, and it came back with no note about what was done to it. I think the pin was just tapped back in. The mold had the same issue and the pin fell out again. I returned it again never to see my mold or ever hear from Arsenal. I believe that was over a year ago. I'll not do any more business with Arsenal.

If you've bought a mold recently and gotten it delivered timely, good for you. Just adding my experience for others to see another opinion here.

Blood Trail
08-18-2023, 03:20 PM
I bought an Arsenal brass 2 cavity 44 caliber mold that the alignment pins seemed off. It had a little 'hitch' when it closed. One of the alignment pins fell out. I returned it, and it came back with no note about what was done to it. I think the pin was just tapped back in. The mold had the same issue and the pin fell out again. I returned it again never to see my mold or ever hear from Arsenal. I believe that was over a year ago. I'll not do any more business with Arsenal.

If you've bought a mold recently and gotten it delivered timely, good for you. Just adding my experience for others to see another opinion here.

Wow, that’s pretty terrible. You should just accept it. I mean, after all, he’s a one-man show.

Just give it a couple dozen months. You’ll eventually get your mold and it’ll be the best mold ever! You’ll be so glad you waited.

[emoji57]

Targa
08-18-2023, 10:27 PM
Just contest the charges and be done with it.

Four-Sixty
08-19-2023, 07:44 AM
The second time I sent it back was last August. I could have possibly put a bevel on the pin and got it to work, but I'll never know now. Life goes on.

I wish I could still get LBT molds. I've bought two of those used and they work great.

I need to try an Accurate mold next.

deces
08-19-2023, 01:19 PM
MP moulds out of Europe, can get you a mold to your door within in 3 days of ordering.

dannyd
08-19-2023, 02:15 PM
MP moulds out of Europe, can get you a mold to your door within in 3 days of ordering.

Five is the best MP can do, but ordered on the same day from Midway and MP. MP got to me 3 days sooner.

I have 4 Arsenal molds; fast, good service, good moulds. But that's my story other may have a different tale.

deces
08-19-2023, 02:34 PM
Five is the best MP can do, but ordered on the same day from Midway and MP. MP got to me 3 days sooner.

I have 4 Arsenal molds; fast, good service, good moulds. But that's my story other may have a different tale.

It's been some years since my order. I was completely shocked at how quick it came.