PDA

View Full Version : Pre 64 94 Weaver Mount

cbennett
01-27-2021, 10:01 AM
Good Morning, trying to help my 81 year old uncle enjoy his pre -64 Model 94 again. He asked me to mount a Weaver side mount on it using existing holes. I bought the Model 3 D base from old stock as it is discontinued. The base fits fine, the issue is that the replacement screw that goes into the Finger Lever Pin Stop hole is way big. I am assuming it is for a post 64. Any ideas where I may find the proper Weaver screw? If anyone has a takeoff let me know. I am in a determined mood to get this thing up and running for my Uncle and get him in the woods this fall once again with his old rifle.
Thanks

Prairie Cowboy
01-27-2021, 12:46 PM
I don't have any such screw, but I have a suggestion. You might try visiting any local gun shops that have a long-established gunsmith or gunsmithing shop. Chances are that if you ask around enough that the screw will be found in a junk drawer or old parts drawer.

woody1
01-27-2021, 10:52 PM
The screw IS for the post models. Are the threads the same as the pre 64 threads? I doubt it but if so, the head could possibly be turned down to make it fit. Nope that won't work unless the screw was turned down and rethreaded. Guess I'll have to dig thru my stuff and see what I can find.
Regards, Woody

Texas by God
01-28-2021, 01:04 AM
I thought that the side mount was only for post 64s that were drilled and tapped for receiver sights; but I’m just guessing. My wife’s step dad had one so equipped with a Kwik Site mount and that’s how it was attached- the receiver sight holes and the lever pin screw.

cbennett
01-28-2021, 10:01 AM
You guys are correct. Weaver lists the sight as for Pre 64 Model 94's. Everything lines up and would work except the include screw measures .250". The Screw on the Pre -64 measures .200". The closest machine screw size # 12 that I can gather. I was hoping someone had a take off that they would sell. I am determined to make this work so logic may be out the window.
I did call Weaver but due to COVID no answer so I sent them an email.

woody1
01-28-2021, 02:26 PM
My wife's pre 64 Model 64 is set up with the Weaver 3D base. As I recall the first one I bought contained the post 64 screw (I was not happy). It looks like I have 2 3B/3D bases extra but no pre 64 (small) Finger Lever Pin Stop Screws. Still looking.

Regards, Woody

cbennett
01-28-2021, 04:07 PM
Thanks Woody!!

AntiqueSledMan
01-30-2021, 06:03 AM
Hello cbennett,

I would have a look at the Pearson's No Drill Scope Mount,
https://www.mod94scoperail.com/
It's not the best looking, but neither are those side mounts.
Nice thing is it sets the scope right above the bore like it should be.
You do need a scout scope though.

AntiqueSledMan.