PDA

View Full Version : Ready to PC

Midohhntr
01-26-2021, 07:37 PM
Just received my 3 color trial pack from Smokes, thanks Smokes for the quick shipping! Bought a toaster convection oven and I think I'm ready to go. Going to try the Lee 457-340 FP to start...so it begins

AlHunt
01-26-2021, 07:43 PM
Just received my 3 color trial pack from Smokes, thanks Smokes for the quick shipping! Bought a toaster convection oven and I think I'm ready to go. Going to try the Lee 457-340 FP to start...so it begins

Good luck to you. A year or two back I took the plunge, used Smoke's product, the process developed here and I've had great success. Elvis Ammo on YouTube has a number of helpful videos, too.

AndyC
01-26-2021, 07:52 PM
If it helps, I drop my boolits into a plastic tub along with the powder (never found BBs to be necessary for that) and vibrate the tub for 5 minutes.

After that, dump the boolits into a metal tray and shake them around to remove excess coating then bake 'em.

rancher1913
01-26-2021, 09:12 PM
remember to check your ovens temp and shield the boolits from any direct heat source.

mehavey
01-27-2021, 10:04 AM
check your ovens temp.... ^^^ THIS ! ^^^
Go to Walmart (or wherever) and get an inexpensive In-oven Probe (https://www.walmart.com/ip/Digital-Oven-Thermometer-Instant-Read-Meat-Food-Cooking-Kitchen-Thermometer-with-Timer-304-Stainless-Steel-Probe-for-Oven-BBQ-Grill-Candy-Milk-Coffee/319519631)
You've save yourself a lot of headaches.

ps: Let the oven equilibrate before you put the bullets in

slide
01-27-2021, 01:07 PM
mehavey, I like that probe. Not to expensive. I will have to try one. Good call!

slide
01-27-2021, 01:10 PM
midohhntr, gather as much info you can. Then, jump right in the middle of it. You learn by doing. Don't be afraid of failing. Good thing is you can melt the failures down and try again.

Midohhntr
01-27-2021, 01:59 PM
Thanks all, I did pick up an oven thermometer the same day i bought the oven. I also have a infrared non contact to verify. I may get out the oven and check it out later today, it's an Oster and one fellow said in another thread the temps are off...only one way to find out.