PDA

View Full Version : Lee 10lbs melter parts

Joel Chavez
01-22-2021, 03:53 PM
I’m needing the rod, wire handle and handle wt for my Lee 10lbs pot. Anyone have any leads on spare parts? Lee doesn’t have caca.

Joel Chavez
01-22-2021, 04:14 PM
Disregard, Lee did have the parts in stock and best of all they were free. I only had to pay a $10 shipping charge. Excellent CS for sure!

Sam Sackett
01-22-2021, 05:27 PM
Glad you found them. Lee has been great. I just rebuild my production pot for about $15. Pot, rod, lifter, etc. I'll buy more Lee products!

Sam Sackett

Joel Chavez
01-22-2021, 06:02 PM
My melter is over 10yrs old. Does Lee have a Lifetime warranty/replacement on their stuff? I told the lady my melter was old and she didn’t seem to care......lol. Awesome service.

Sam Sackett
01-23-2021, 09:43 PM
Lee doesn't really have a "warranty" that I know of. They allow you to go on their website and purchase parts at no cost (you pay shipping). You can get one of each item, but if you order more than that you will be charged.

If you call them, they will do the same, but they prefer that you use the website. They are quite busy evidently.

If you have an older style pot (the ones that the back section containing the switch is rectangular shaped, they won't support that style. They'll tell you to buy a new unit. You can use the new style pot on the old style unit, but you also have to get a new rod and lifter arm. These changed when they went to the replaceable spout.

Hope this wasn't too confusing....

Sam Sackett

Joel Chavez
01-23-2021, 11:41 PM
Lee doesn't really have a "warranty" that I know of. They allow you to go on their website and purchase parts at no cost (you pay shipping). You can get one of each item, but if you order more than that you will be charged.

If you call them, they will do the same, but they prefer that you use the website. They are quite busy evidently.

If you have an older style pot (the ones that the back section containing the switch is rectangular shaped, they won't support that style. They'll tell you to buy a new unit. You can use the new style pot on the old style unit, but you also have to get a new rod and lifter arm. These changed when they went to the replaceable spout.

Hope this wasn't too confusing....

Sam Sackett

Nope not at all sir. This is my old Lee 10lbs unit which I’ve had for nearly 15yrs. It’s still going strong. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210124/cb6142b4dc48ba75d254fb98344cca3d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sam Sackett
01-25-2021, 04:14 PM
That's a new style pot. Lee should support it for any parts you need. Just pay shipping.

Sam Sackett

Joel Chavez
01-29-2021, 12:05 PM
That's a new style pot. Lee should support it for any parts you need. Just pay shipping.

Sam Sackett

Lee sent all the parts free of charge(paid $10 shipping) to make it “bottom pour” again. I lapped the rod pin to the spout and it’s drip free so far. Gonna give it a whirl this weekend and see if it increases productivity compared to ladling. I’ve been ladling for 15yrs so we’ll see how it goes lol. Thanks again gents.

Sam Sackett
01-31-2021, 05:16 PM
I'll bet you'll like the bottom pour Good Luck!

Sam Sackett

45-70 Chevroner
01-31-2021, 06:11 PM
I've got two ten pound Lee bottom pour pots that I've had for at least 35 years, I have cast 1000's of boolits with both of them and Luckily I haven't had to replace any parts yet. I do clean them up now and then and lap the rod so they don't leak much. I have had two 20 pound pots also, I just recently bought the second one. I rebuilt the first one one time Lee sent me the parts at no charge and no shipping charge that was back about 14 15 years ago. Things do change. It finally got to leaking so bad that I made it into a ladeling pot and gave it to a friend . I felt like I owed them the courtesy of buying a new 20 pounder instead of ordering new parts again.

45-70 Chevroner
01-31-2021, 06:35 PM
My first pot was a lyman bottem pour. I bought it in 1971 it cost me I think about $60.00. It started giving me problems about 10 years later. I called Lyman about getting some rebuild parts, they said I would have to send it back to them and I would have to pay shipping to and from plus the cost of rebuilding which was more than I paid for it. No more Lyman pots.

Joel Chavez
02-01-2021, 10:30 AM
I'll bet you'll like the bottom pour Good Luck!

Sam Sackett

“Like the bottom pour” is an understatement lol. My only issue now is running out of lead too quickly in the 10lbs’er lol.