PDA

View Full Version : RCBS Pro Melt Dimensions Wanted

beeser
01-18-2021, 04:49 PM
I just picked up an RCBS Pro Melt without the base and a few other pieces. Can anyone tell me the distance from the top of the pot to the base below? Also dimensions of the base itself would be helpful.

oldhenry
01-18-2021, 05:17 PM
Top of pot to base: 11 1/4"
Top of pot to whatever it's sitting on: 12" (there is a turned down lip on either side of base that adds OA height).
Base width: front=7 1/2"
Base width: rear=6 1/4" (it ain't square)
Base depth (front to rear): 10 1/2"
I can send a photo if that would help.

Winger Ed.
01-18-2021, 05:19 PM
My 90s era one is right at 6 1/2" across the back, 7 1/2" across the front, and 11 inches front to back.

It has 6" clearance under the body of the heater---- not the nozzle.

Check out a picture of one to see how far to the rear its mounted on the base.

beeser
01-18-2021, 05:25 PM
Thanks guys! I wonder why the base is not square. One last dimension I forgot to ask ... what is the distance from the front or back of the base to the uprights that support the pot?

I picked up 3 furnaces a couple of days ago and will post some photos of them in another thread. I'm just about to get started in casting and the furnaces were some of my first pieces of equipment collected.

kevin c
01-19-2021, 04:08 AM
The holes are centered 3 3/4" from the back, 6 3/4" from the front.

The weird shape of the base reflects the weird shape of the pot housing. Maybe it's more stable?

Nice score on three pots, especially the original version ProMelt. Mine is also second hand and probably has more years on it than I've been shooting, but it cleaned up well and runs fine. I think RCBS has still has replacement parts.

Conditor22
01-19-2021, 05:24 AM
https://www.rcbs.com/on/demandware.static/-/Library-Sites-HuntShootAccessoriesSharedLibrary/default/dw18e639f7/productPdfFiles/81099_RCBS_ProMelt-2_2LIM_web.pdf

or call RCBS email response.team@vistaoutdoor.com or call 800-285-0689.

JonB_in_Glencoe
01-19-2021, 10:38 AM
I'm glad Conditor posted RCBS contact info.
When I seen your post with photos of the three pots you acquired, my first though is I wonder if RCBS has parts available to rebuilt that Pro-Melt. RCBS has incredible Customer service, if they have the parts, they may even offer to rebuilt it for you, inside and out...who knows what condition the internal parts are in, safety-wise?
That surely would be my first call. If that doesn't work out, you can always fab your own parts and rebuilt it, if you are handy with that type of stuff.