PDA

View Full Version : Priming rig for older Pacific "O" press

Old School Big Bore
01-18-2021, 02:41 PM
I have an older Pre-Hornady Pacific "O" press that's missing its primer arm and the tube holder that feeds the arm.
Hornady answered with a "tango sierra" form letter. OyVey and Hamazon's search protocols get a migraine and show me everything else.
Anyone know of a bona fide "vintage" vendor? About to physically see if the RCBS assemble will fit or adapt; they look pretty similar.
Ed <><
Oh, and I could use a primer catcher for it as well. Mucho thank yous for any info.

Pressman
01-18-2021, 05:19 PM
Pacific invented that style of primer feeder, everyone else copied it. Any brand should work as they are all the same size.

dddddmorgan
01-18-2021, 08:43 PM
I was just going to post a brag that I picked up a cast iron RCBS RS press. It's complete with the primer tube holder and primer arm and I won't use either. If you're interested PM me and I can send some pics and maybe measurements.

Old School Big Bore
01-19-2021, 12:54 AM
Thanks, guys. I thought they seemed awfully similar. Dan, let me see if what I have lying around will work, if not I'll PM you.
Ed <><

dddddmorgan
01-19-2021, 06:49 AM
Ed, everything came apart last night, press is clean and lubricated and I have all the priming stuff in a bag.

Of course the shell holder clip on the ram broke so now I have to come up with one....

avogunner
01-19-2021, 12:39 PM
My single stage is a Pacific Multi-C and last year I started the same search. I happened upon a NOS auto primer on eBay for a great price and it works pretty darn good too! I would keep an eye there.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210119/7c093ffc1043a4fefbd844086ae1d2c6.jpg

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

kjk200
04-04-2021, 07:56 PM
My single stage is a Pacific Multi-C and last year I started the same search. I happened upon a NOS auto primer on eBay for a great price and it works pretty darn good too! I would keep an eye there.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210119/7c093ffc1043a4fefbd844086ae1d2c6.jpg

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

@avogunner
Could you post a picture of the other side of the primer parts? I am reconditioning an old Pacific press (blue version) that I inherited from my father. I might give it to my brother as it is an extra and I am trying to find all the correct parts to got with it.

Also, the press is a Super Deluxe Pacific but the ram has "Lyman" stamped on it. I know that Pacific turned into or was purchased by Hornady but not sure how lyman parts would be involved unless it was a replacement/upgrade part. Anyone know if these presses came this way?

Thanks!

Pressman
04-05-2021, 07:55 AM
The rams are Universal, Lyman, RCBS, Pacific, C-H all sold replacement rams for the then new (1955) RCBS type shellholder to fit the older Pacific's that had the original shellholder ram. C-H still lists having some available.

avogunner
04-05-2021, 09:16 AM
Here's a pic of the Primer feed as it was received. I've scanned the instructions so if you want a copy just shoot me a PM.

TNsailorman
04-05-2021, 10:19 AM
There was a fellow on this CB site that sold these primer catcher systems for the Pacific single stage loaders. He made a complete set up for me in 2017 that had a factory look primer catch with a tube to feed spent primers into a bucket. It had Pacific labels that looked exactly like the original factory labels. I was completely blown away by the "originality" look of this set up. He went by the handle of "Big Tom". If you can contact him, he might be able to print you what you need. james