PDA

View Full Version : Smokes powder

tankgunner59
01-16-2021, 08:23 PM
I have been powder coating boolits for years with HF paint with so so results. I ordered a pound of smokes Carolina Blue and after the PO fooled around for longer than needed, IMO, it got here. I finally got to use it today. MAN! This is the difference between night and day, literally. I have some pretty blue pills for my 9mm now that are perfectly coated, just like I have been reading here. Thanks for the advice to buy smokes product to all here, and thanks to smoke for a great product. I will definitely be ordering from smoke again in the very near future. AWESOME!

Hickok
01-16-2021, 08:42 PM
Smoke's powder has always worked great for me, in any color. He is A+ to deal with.

If you get the chance, get some of Smoke's CLEAR powder coat. I like it better than the colored pc.

It looks like a sugar frosting on the boolits until it heats up, and then it turns clear.

The clear PC leaves a very, very smooth and consistent coating and leaves the boolits looking nice and silver and shiney. They look just like they came out of the mold, and they stay looking that way.....they never dull or oxidize.

DHDeal
01-16-2021, 11:02 PM
While I'm not a fan of the "color" of clear, man does it coat easy. I do use it for 20/1 alloy so I'll know at a glance what they are. Anyway, I mix clear with just about every other color for a translucent shade. I started the whole mixing for that reason but found with shake and bake and about 25% or so of clear gives me a nice full coat easily (just like coating with straight clear). Maybe its just me....

I started with Smokes and still use his powders. I also use Prismatic Powders high gloss colors. Either way I enjoy the process and the bullets perform.

stubshaft
01-17-2021, 03:17 AM
Lucky for me HF refused to ship to me. I found Smokes and have used his powder religiously.

barnabus
01-17-2021, 08:58 AM
yep clear is the best

cwlongshot
01-17-2021, 09:16 AM
Smokes makes or offers good stuff!!