PDA

View Full Version : Hot in cherry valley today

GOPHER SLAYER
01-15-2021, 04:39 PM
It is 80% in the shade on my patio today. Supposed to hit 86% or more out in in the sun. I feel sorry for you folks in the Midwest. I see on TV you are being hit with a blizzard.

Bogart
01-15-2021, 05:32 PM
33 in New Hampshire, had to wear my hoodie

Jniedbalski
01-15-2021, 06:35 PM
High 20’s low 30’s here in se mo. Almost to cold to shoot. I at least shot 4 mags today of 40 S&w

zardoz
01-15-2021, 06:40 PM
Just a test to see if the ALT+0176 makes the degree symbol on this forum.

It is 47° here today. I guess it works!

marlin39a
01-15-2021, 07:06 PM
Hit 70 here this afternoon. In shorts and t-shirt. Washed the truck and RV.

JRLesan
01-15-2021, 07:21 PM
I'm in Missouri and I feel sorry for you folks in CA no matter what the weather there or here.

tankgunner59
01-15-2021, 07:41 PM
I LIKE IT! I
'm waiting impatiently on the snow, we need to get some. You can have that 86° stuff, I'll take cold and if I must cool weather.

megasupermagnum
01-15-2021, 07:43 PM
It is 80% in the shade on my patio today. Supposed to hit 86% or more out in in the sun. I feel sorry for you folks in the Midwest. I see on TV you are being hit with a blizzard.

Nothing really here. I've heard most snow went south. It is very warm here, mostly rain. There is some snow here and there, but it has been constant rain for 2 days now, which is unheard of. There has not been any blazing hot days, but for the past three weeks it has been consistently way warmer than normal.

Mal Paso
01-15-2021, 07:49 PM
I went to the range today, had to be 80F. It's 85F here, HOT for Winter. Lots of new shooters but no one careless.

cwtebay
01-15-2021, 08:05 PM
Wow.....-11° this morning. It's up to.29° right now!!! But at least the wind stopped!!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Ural Driver
01-15-2021, 10:41 PM
It's wintertime.......supposed to be cold.

405grain
01-16-2021, 01:57 AM
Wait until Summer and it will be 153 degrees in Cali. I'm worried that come June I'll step outside and there will be a cactus and a cow skull where my lawn used to be!

GhostHawk
01-16-2021, 10:36 AM
Below freezing, slick roads and winds here in North Dakota today. Headed into the sub zero weather in a few days.

Good time to sit back, hibernate, maybe cast a few boolits down in the basement man cave.
Or maybe just sit here and read about it. Either works.

farmbif
01-16-2021, 10:42 AM
got some snow last night, might get all the way up to 45 this afternoon.
just about right

William Yanda
01-16-2021, 11:00 AM
Are you trying to make me feel bad? I walked to the end of the (bare) driveway this morning to take the trash out and again to bring the can back in my long sleeved shirt. I thought at the time that this was very mild for mid Jan. in the Finger lakes of NY.

hc18flyer
01-16-2021, 11:24 AM
I'm in Missouri and I feel sorry for you folks in CA no matter what the weather there or here.

I concur! Living in Nebraska is better, even a blizzard!

farmbif
01-16-2021, 11:52 AM
well weather man wassail wrong again, guess I can forget about 45 this afternoon
can't barely see through all the white stuff falling out of the sky.

.429&H110
01-16-2021, 12:31 PM
Here in the Sonoran desert, high thin clouds keep the sun dim, 40's mornings 60's afternoon. Heat pump just cost $140 power bill, July is only $80. Frost two weeks ago killed off the garden so I am putting in "valuable fertilizer" replanting peas and beans and melons. SWMBO has container spinach indoors, soon to go out. This is a nice place to visit, but most people don't acclimate to 110+ in the shade. I like it, my hands don't ache and I can feel my feet again. Sometimes a North wind off the Rockies will feel like winter for a day.

.429&H110
01-16-2021, 12:57 PM
A one down side to AZ is traffic. AZ drivers have a deathwish. They all drive new trucks because they mashed the old one. Tucson driving is pleasant compared to Phoenix. I tried to retire young to Scottsdale and was gridlock traffic convinced me to move to Alaska twenty years ago. Nowadays Phoenix is nutz.

Fairbanks, we drive in the foggy dark on ice, eight months of the year. Salt doesn't work in the cold dark. I ran Blizzaks on a Tacoma, and it stuck to ice just fine. Ice storm days I ran chains. Two ton Fords on all season radials are fun to watch. When the light turns green, you wait. They aren't done yet. Everybody has to slide to a stop. When the intersection is clear, then we go. Normal Fairbanks crash is to get T-Boned by a sliding F-350.
Tucson is the same problem but no ice. They just don't want to stop.
Don't get me started writing about blind geezers on golf carts...
"Every form of refuge has its price"

flint45
01-16-2021, 12:58 PM
I think I would rather live anywhere no matter what the weather than here in California I can’t wait to leave which I will be doing in a couple of weeks. This State holds nothing but anguish for me it is not the Golden State anymore it’s the homeless state and the communist state I feel sorry for anybody that have to live here. Gopher slayer good luck to you we used to shoot together in the Buffalo match in San Bernardino.

GOPHER SLAYER
01-16-2021, 05:16 PM
I think I would rather live anywhere no matter what the weather than here in California I can’t wait to leave which I will be doing in a couple of weeks. This State holds nothing but anguish for me it is not the Golden State anymore it’s the homeless state and the communist state I feel sorry for anybody that have to live here. Gopher slayer good luck to you we used to shoot together in the Buffalo match in San Bernardino.

flint45, that match was the best I have ever competed in. Black powder, single shot, six shots, ties shot off hand to pick winner and match over by noon. It was a thrill to knock over that steel buffler while standing. A normal BPCR match is a lot of work. I am still sick when I drive past that range. All of the buildings were leveled and huge boulders placed at the entrance. By the way guys, I was born and raised in Southeast Missouri. While they don't get much snow, it can get bitterly cold because of the Humidity. I know the politics in California are bad but it seems many other states are taking the same path, heck maybe the whole country. I thought Georgia would always be red but it didn't go that way in the run off election.