PDA

View Full Version : Powder Coat Container

LakeviewBulldog
01-10-2021, 12:44 AM
Found a container for powder coating powder for those of us who use the ASBB with the shake and bake method. I decided to go get some new Air Soft BBs the other day at Academy and found a brand called Maximum Precision. The BBs work great for shake and bake, but the container they come in pulls double duty as a powder container and dispenser. It comes with a lid and an angled dispenser that makes it perfect for getting the powder into the shake and bake container without making a mess. Both the container itself and the dispenser have a screw on lid so it is very secure. Just wanted to share this with ya'll. I bought mine at Academy but I'm sure they can be found online. I know I love when I can find a unique use for and item and I'm sure most of ya'll do too. I've attached pictures of the container for reference.

Billythepoet
01-12-2021, 11:39 PM
Thanks, I'll look for that!

fcvan
01-13-2021, 02:02 AM
Neat idea, I just use what Prismatic Powder uses, plastic bags with twist ties. For the actual shake, I bought a 6 pack of 'gladware sandwich containers.' Each is used for specific colors, and seal against the high humidity of Nor CA. I don't PC when I am in CO, haven't had a need to yet.

Oh, I would like to add that I measure the powder I put in the container to control the thickness of the coating. Lots of trial and error, and took notes, so much powder for so many boolits, and adjust for surface area (size of boolits.) Who knew those Lee powder dippers would finally have some useful purpose?

boomerpusher
01-28-2021, 08:03 PM
Dang it! Now I've got to dig down to the bottom of my pile of stuff and find those Lee powder measures.

NevadaJack
01-28-2021, 08:06 PM
Thank you for sharing!