PDA

View Full Version : Lehigh Valley lube

crappie-hunter
01-07-2021, 01:03 PM
Is original formula Lehigh Valley lube available anywhere online? Anybody have a clue where? There is a Lehigh valley web page but looks like the only thing that can be purchased is patch material.

Maven
01-07-2021, 01:22 PM
Mr. Flintlock patch lube has often been mentioned as a substitute for Lehigh Valley Lube. Just google mrflintlocklube.com for more information.

John Boy
01-07-2021, 03:15 PM
Is original formula Lehigh Valley lube available anywhere online?
No, there was one vendor in Oregon that had a supply and I bought every bottle they had because it is to be "no more to be made from the patent formula"
Muzzleloading forum post ...

As a followup to my earlier post, I can tell you that I was able to contact Tom DeCare, the gentleman who was producing and marketing the "Original Lehigh Valley" (LHV) product. Tom explained to me that another product he produces was keeping him too busy to continue also manufacturing and marketing LHV. He had to make a choice and decided to discontinue LHV production.

Caswell Ranch
01-07-2021, 05:42 PM
I just went though a few on the list and they show nothing available.

http://www.lehighvalleylube.com/directory-of-dealers.html

freakonaleash
01-07-2021, 06:06 PM
Spit works good.

n.h.schmidt
01-09-2021, 05:27 PM
I use the Mr Flintlock patch lube. It rather looks like and smells like Lehigh stuff. I have been happy with it.
n.h.schmidt

509thsfs
01-13-2021, 12:39 PM
My understanding is Shenandoah lube is pretty much the same thing from those that have used both. I have a good supply of Lehigh that will last me a couple years. want to try Shenandoah though

I remember seeing the fight between Mr Flintlock lube and Lehigh. Mr Flintlock claimed to have gotten the recipe from Lehigh. Lehigh owner flat out denied it and stated he had never met or talked to the owner of Mr Flintlock.

John Boy
01-13-2021, 01:55 PM
My understanding is Shenandoah lube is pretty much the same thing from those that have used both
Agree, have used both. LV Lube/Cleaner is a better bore cleaner than Shenandoah IMO
The formula didn't have to be 'gotten'. The US Patent for Lehigh is listed and the complete mixing formula of tar oil & sodium hydroxide for preparation is detailed in the Patent

fiberoptik
01-13-2021, 11:07 PM
Yup. Looked at the patent myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stubshaft
01-15-2021, 01:44 AM
When they finally decided to stop making lube I bought all I could afford and am down to my last 4 bottles.

toot
01-15-2021, 10:24 AM
Spit is free!

cas
01-16-2021, 06:21 PM
You must not shoot very much or you have a lot of spit.

That aside, spit works better than nothing and worse than a long long list of things.

jerry p.
01-17-2021, 10:31 AM
If you call http://www.dixonmuzzleloading.com/ Greg might be able to help you out.