PDA

View Full Version : T/C component prices?

DeadWoodDan
01-06-2021, 08:26 AM
I've know the prices have been getting high on the T/C ML components for some time. Have been looking and thinking about a faster twist barrel for mine and just amazed at what things are going for these days. What did I miss or not understand? The below other than being original and slow twist for RB is over $435 for just a barrel!! You can get a new Rice or GM at some point for that.

Black Powder Bill
01-06-2021, 08:46 AM
I've know the prices have been getting high on the T/C ML components for some time. Have been looking and thinking about a faster twist barrel for mine and just amazed at what things are going for these days. What did I miss or not understand? The below other than being original and slow twist for RB is over $435 for just a barrel!! You can get a new Rice or GM at some point for that.

Prices have doubled in recent years. Look around get a drop in.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Edward
01-06-2021, 09:05 AM
Buy a trashed bore barrel on fleabay and send to Bob Hoyt and get rebored or relined in the twist of your choice =problem solved/Ed

DeadWoodDan
01-06-2021, 01:57 PM
Both of you are correct. My question is why are these original items bringing so much? That barrel sold for more than a new GM or Rice barrel ready to install.

cas
01-08-2021, 12:59 AM
I dunno, I was just on Gunbroker looking at complete guns and was surprised how low the bids were.

cas
01-09-2021, 12:11 AM
^ Though I did see the laughable prices parts are going for on Ebay. I guess they're buying them cheap on gunbroker and splitting them up on Ebay. :(

idahoron
01-09-2021, 06:47 PM
Both of you are correct. My question is why are these original items bringing so much? That barrel sold for more than a new GM or Rice barrel ready to install.

Stainless Green Mountain barrels are going for staggering prices. I heard of one that was close to 1000.00 dollars. I bought two that were 75.00 each.

DeadWoodDan
01-09-2021, 07:45 PM
Stainless Green Mountain barrels are going for staggering prices. I heard of one that was close to 1000.00 dollars. I bought two that were 75.00 each.

Yea $75 days are long gone never to return. S.S. GM barrels do bring a premium for the right buyer/seller. I've known prices are on the rise with these but just can never understand the ebay buyers.

T-Bird
01-11-2021, 09:58 PM
I bought a GM dropin barrel for my T/C Hawken from TOTW, 32" 66 twist that turned my gun into the gun I always wished it was, a rb shooting machine that looked, handled and shot well. Cost was around 250$ didn't that was bad at all.

01-11-2021, 10:14 PM
I'll second the idea of letting Bob Hoyt re-line or re-cut to a new caliber as the way to go. The man is a master. Tell him what you want to shoot - RB or Conical - and he'll give advice on the right solution. Way cheaper than a new drop in and you keep you ML original-ish.