PDA

View Full Version : For Thought and Meditation - Wednesday, Jan. 06

Pine Baron
01-06-2021, 08:11 AM
Good morning all. A great "hump" day message in today's devotion. Have a safe and blessed day.

Wednesday, January 6, 2021 - Pastor Greg Laurie
The Church and the Tribulation

“And they speak of how you are looking forward to the coming of God’s Son from heaven—Jesus, whom God raised from the dead. He is the one who has rescued us from the terrors of the coming judgment.”
—1 Thessalonians 1:10

There is some debate in the church as to when Jesus Christ will return. Some suggest that He will return midway through the Great Tribulation. Others say that Christians will have to go through the Tribulation, which will last for seven years.

But I think it’s quite clear from the following passage, as well as other Scripture, that Christians will not go through the Tribulation: “For God did not appoint us to wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ” (1 Thessalonians 5:9 NKJV).

Now, I’m not saying that Christians won’t go through tribulation. But I am saying that in my opinion, we won’t go through the Great Tribulation. There’s a difference.

We all will experience trials and hardship and persecution as Christians. In fact, Jesus said, “In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world” (John 16:33 NKJV).

The Great Tribulation the Bible speaks of is God’s judgment on a generation of people whom He has amply warned of the wrath to come. However, you cannot find any instance in the Bible where God judged an individual or a nation and judged His people along with them.

We find examples of this when God sent two angels to bring out Lot (and those in his family who were willing) before He judged Sodom and Gomorrah. Another example is Noah and his family, whom God spared from the Flood.

And in Revelation we have Jesus’s words to the church of Philadelphia: “Because you have obeyed my command to persevere, I will protect you from the great time of testing that will come upon the whole world to test those who belong to this world” (3:10 NLT).

Being a member of a church won’t keep you out of the Tribulation, but being a member of the body of Christ will. You have to know Jesus in a personal and real way. Are you waiting for Him? Are you watching for Him? Are you looking forward to His return?

GhostHawk
01-06-2021, 09:00 AM
Wow. I wish that could be read in every church in the USA this sunday.

USMC87
01-06-2021, 10:18 AM
I am one who does not believe we will be spared "the great tribulation", The servant is not above the Master.

55BoysATR
01-06-2021, 01:33 PM
I pray for His coming every day. I believe we will experience the birth pains and signs of the great trib, but will be spared total wrath.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NQ4iT5yQo8A

Rcmaveric
01-06-2021, 01:47 PM
Good message as always!!

I am not sure of what to expect. All I know is the dead are in their graves waiting on judgment day just like the living. The Bible says it will happen when we least expect it. So I'd doubt it will happen any time soon.

All I want is my creator to be happy to see me when my ticket is up and not disappointed. Eternity in hell is not worth having a bucket list over. Still got some temptations to over come personally. I want my father to be proud of me, I have let him down to many times.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Wayne Smith
01-07-2021, 08:38 AM
I think the best end times statement is simply that "God's gonna do what God has decided and what I believe makes absolutely no difference"

We need to be surrendered and available for God to work in and through us at all times. He is sovereign.

Pine Baron
01-07-2021, 09:52 AM
Wayne, that is probably the most concise and profound statement I've heard yet concerning the "end times".
I studied Revelations for years and never could make any sense of it. I finally had an epiphany that, just maybe, the message wasn't meant for ME.
"God's gonna do what God has decided and what I believe makes absolutely no difference" is exactly my belief.

Boaz
01-07-2021, 09:00 PM
Interesting read . After much thought on trying to figure out the end time years ago I reached a conclusion . The conclusion is that I know little more than when I started out .

I just need to be ready . As with any 'move' or journey you better be prepared . I see too many that have made no preparation . Does GOD know you ?