PDA

View Full Version : Noe 580-537-rf-bu1

mech481
01-05-2021, 09:42 PM
Anyone using the NOE 580-537 hollow base mold in their Enfield rifles if so are you happy with it.
I have been trying to get a reply From NOE for some months now to see when they will have these molds available but they do not bother to answer me for some reason, I have been a long time customer of theirs so am a little perplexed at their customer service of late as it was always good in the past.

carbine
01-07-2021, 09:30 AM
Consider asking over on the N-SSA.org bulletin board. They shoot a lot of minies and many have NOE molds.

mech481
01-09-2021, 11:32 PM
ok thanks

dave951
01-13-2021, 09:10 PM
The mold you’re referring to is a copy of the RCBS Hogdon. I shoot the RCBS Hogdon in my Parker Hales and in both guns, it’s a 2moa bullet. One of my fellow N-SSA team members bought the NOE mold and gave me some samples. The sample run was from a multi cavity mold. The bullet weights varied widely. The bullets were shootable but due to weight variation, the accuracy was nowhere near the RCBS. We traced it back to the base pin design. As of our last discussion on the issue, he hadn’t worked out a method to eliminate that problem. That’s not to say it can’t be done, but I don’t own the mold. I do have NOE molds and they’re top drawer quality. Since I already have a great performer in the RCBS, I’m not motivated to purchase the NOE version.