PDA

View Full Version : Question For All You 3-D Printer Guys

tred1956
01-05-2021, 08:32 PM
I know there are a LOT of 3-D print parts available, but does anybody know if replacement gears are available (Or even possible) for a Hornady Lock-N-Load Case Prep Trio . Picture below. They just push on and off over knurled shaft. I sent Hornady an email, but figured it may be quicker if available from somewhere else. Thanks in advance for any and all input

Safe shooting
Doug
https://i.postimg.cc/C5jqgs4N/1609892770737374030983761684033.jpg (https://postimg.cc/gL2JyRQX)

nhyrum
01-05-2021, 08:38 PM
That could be possible, but they'd probably need to be printed in nylon, which is... Tricky, from what I hear. And probably custom modeled, which is above my car skills. If it's not square or round, I'm toast [emoji1787] maybe someone else could offer more help

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

tred1956
01-06-2021, 11:12 AM
Hornady Saves the day . Complete set of gears (only needed two) and drive shafts headed my way. Nice Gentleman said would go out today. No Charge. Can't beat that kind of service
Safe shooting
Doug

tomme boy
01-06-2021, 07:05 PM
Be careful with what you post about 3d printing. There was language in the covid bill a few weeks ago that almost makes any downloading of print files illegal from a copyprint violation. Look up The Case Act for more info

dtknowles
01-06-2021, 07:45 PM
Be careful with what you post about 3d printing. There was language in the covid bill a few weeks ago that almost makes any downloading of print files illegal from a copyprint violation. Look up The Case Act for more info

Yes, the Case act is horrible, the way it was passed and how could be used are both wrong. It does not make downloading of 3D print files illegal it makes people liable for up to $30,000 in damages if they download a copyrighted file without permission of the copyright holders. Say I create a 3D print file for a primer catcher and tell people about it. Someone asks me for a copy and I say yes and send it to you. If I did not give you permission to share my 3D print file and you do share it and then others share it even more, I can ask the legislative tribunal to issue a judgement against you for as much as $30,000, they can issue the judgement without even giving you a chance to defend yourself. First time you hear about it might be when a federal marshal hands you the judgement.

Tim

MrWolf
01-06-2021, 07:53 PM
Does that apply to files on sites such as thingverse? Would assume not as the owner would have posted the files there. Just saw a video about the act today when I was looking at YouTube alternatives.

jjamna
01-06-2021, 08:40 PM
I know nothing about 3D printing. I have a piece of plastic made by Lee Precision that is no longer being produced or sold. Would it be copywrite infringement to have someone duplicate it? I thought about finding someone to make it . Can you scan an item and then make it or do you need the software? It is the tray for the Primer feed attachment for the Loadall Softshell reloaders.

dtknowles
01-08-2021, 06:06 PM
I know nothing about 3D printing. I have a piece of plastic made by Lee Precision that is no longer being produced or sold. Would it be copywrite infringement to have someone duplicate it? I thought about finding someone to make it . Can you scan an item and then make it or do you need the software? It is the tray for the Primer feed attachment for the Loadall Softshell reloaders.

I think you are confusing copyright with patent. Copyrights are for words, drawings, software and music. Patents are for ideas/innovations. For your own exclusive use you can copy both copyrighted and patented things you just can't distribute them. I expect any patents on your Lee Loadall are expired and anyone would be free the copy any part of it. Someone who creates a 3D printer file or 3D model of the Lee part could copyright it and then nobody could legally share the file without that person's permission.

Tim