PDA

View Full Version : An Invitation to Prayer & Fasting 1/5/21, 1/6/21

insanelupus
01-04-2021, 04:45 AM
For those so inclined, an invitation to prayer and fasting.

As a nation, the United States has moved far from the desire God has for us as a nation.

This week, 1/5 & 1/6, two important events will occur which could have profound and very different impacts upon our nation depending upon what happens. The Georgia Senate Runoff on TUE 1/5, and the Congressional certification of the Electoral College Vote on WED 1/6.

This is an invitation to fast and pray for the future of the United States, for the repentance and forgiveness of sins as a nation, the interceding of God through his Holy Spirit to turn the hearts and open the ears and eyes of many Americans to the saving grace, mercy, and sacrifice of Jesus Christ's death upon the cross as a ransom for their sin, to believe and have faith in the resurrection of Jesus Christ on the 3rd day, and to avail themselves of the gift of Jesus Christ as both Savior and Lord. And lastly, but most importantly, that the will of God will be done in our nation.

If you are inclined and moved by the Spirit to participate I invite you to pray and fast, as you are moved to do so, for one or both days.

It is time we excercise one of the most profound privileges of our faith and appeal to the throne of grace on behalf of our nation, leaders, and fellow countrymen.

"Righteousness exalts a nation,
But sin is a disgrace to any people." Proverbs 14:34 (NASB).

"First of all, then, I urge that entreaties and prayers, petitions and thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men, for kings and all who are in authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity. This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the testimony given at the proper time." 1 Timothy 2:1-6 (NASB).

smithnframe
01-04-2021, 08:53 AM
I never understood “fasting”.......!

GhostHawk
01-04-2021, 09:09 AM
Consider it a sign of commitment. You are in effect saying to the Lord. Look I believe in this so much that for the next day I will fast to show you how badly I want this.

It won't kill you, you will have to keep a firm grip on yourself to keep from breaking the fast.

I've done it in the past when I was asked by the Holy Spirit. It really is not hard as long as you don't let your mind run away with you. You have to stay focused on what you are doing and why.

dverna
01-04-2021, 09:43 AM
If this had been posted in the Chapel, I would not comment.....

If someone believes God is omniscient and He knows what will happen in the future, then we cannot pray for God to change His destiny. Praying for a result that will happen, as God knows it will happen, seems convoluted. When I pray, I pray for God to help me deal with what will happen...for strength, wisdom and to help me keep my faith.

There is only one Nation that God has ever held in a prominent position and it is not ours. The USA is not special.

If the Spirit has moved you to fast, that is a personal message to you and you should act on it. He has reached out to you in His way to affect you. Rejoice!

It is not your place to suggest that if others fast it will affect our future, God's will or even please Him, unless you are a prophet and have a relationship with God we lack. God speaks to all of us when He needs to. Some men listen and others shut their ears.

You are blessed that the Lord has given you specific direction on this issue. Regrettably, I have not been as fortunate. If anything, I feel our country is in the same state as Job was. God has allowed Satan to work his evil on us; and our faith is being tested. This is not the first time God has allowed (caused?) mankind to suffer. So I pray for how to deal with what will happen, not to prevent what will happen. God's will will be done.

ioon44
01-04-2021, 12:03 PM
For those so inclined, an invitation to prayer and fasting.

As a nation, the United States has moved far from the desire God has for us as a nation.

This week, 1/5 & 1/6, two important events will occur which could have profound and very different impacts upon our nation depending upon what happens. The Georgia Senate Runoff on TUE 1/5, and the Congressional certification of the Electoral College Vote on WED 1/6.

This is an invitation to fast and pray for the future of the United States, for the repentance and forgiveness of sins as a nation, the interceding of God through his Holy Spirit to turn the hearts and open the ears and eyes of many Americans to the saving grace, mercy, and sacrifice of Jesus Christ's death upon the cross as a ransom for their sin, to believe and have faith in the resurrection of Jesus Christ on the 3rd day, and to avail themselves of the gift of Jesus Christ as both Savior and Lord. And lastly, but most importantly, that the will of God will be done in our nation.

If you are inclined and moved by the Spirit to participate I invite you to pray and fast, as you are moved to do so, for one or both days.

It is time we excercise one of the most profound privileges of our faith and appeal to the throne of grace on behalf of our nation, leaders, and fellow countrymen.

"Righteousness exalts a nation,
But sin is a disgrace to any people." Proverbs 14:34 (NASB).

"First of all, then, I urge that entreaties and prayers, petitions and thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men, for kings and all who are in authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity. This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the testimony given at the proper time." 1 Timothy 2:1-6 (NASB).

Thank you for the invitation to prayer and fasting, our church has committed to to this also.

Psalms 37:4 - Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

Psalms 37:5 - Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring [it] to pass.

I guess we will see soon if enough of the people of our country will repent and turn from there wicked ways.

John Wayne
01-05-2021, 09:11 AM
Thank you for the invitation to prayer! I'm in.

smithnframe
01-08-2021, 07:47 AM
If I fasted I would die!