PDA

View Full Version : Winchester Low Wall 17 HM2

daved63
01-03-2021, 04:02 PM
Here's one that you don't see very often, a Winchester Low Wall in 17 Hornady Mach 2. A gun shop a couple of hours away from me had it hanging on the wall for years. I looked at it quite a few times before it followed me home. When I finally bought it they knocked a bunch off the price, it was covered in a thick coat of dust from hanging there for so long. I laid in a decent supply of ammo just in case it gets hard to find. I had the Lyman Super Targetspot scope and thought it looked good on the rifle. The rifle has some of the best looking case colors I've ever seen.

steve urquell
01-03-2021, 04:28 PM
Here's one that you don't see very often, a Winchester Low Wall in 17 Hornady Mach 2. A gun shop a couple of hours away from me had it hanging on the wall for years. I looked at it quite a few times before it followed me home. When I finally bought it they knocked a bunch off the price, it was covered in a thick coat of dust from hanging there for so long. I laid in a decent supply of ammo just in case it gets hard to find. I had the Lyman Super Targetspot scope and thought it looked good on the rifle. The rifle has some of the best looking case colors I've ever seen.

Beautiful rifle. Congrats.

godzilla
01-03-2021, 04:43 PM
Is this the one that is a 22 LR necked down?

daved63
01-03-2021, 05:36 PM
Is this the one that is a 22 LR necked down?

Yes it is. It shoots a 17 grain bullet at 2100 fps.

BK7saum
01-03-2021, 05:43 PM
Just be aware that necked rimfire rounds do not have long term storage capability. They are not able to anneal the necks before loading. Over time, the necks will harden and crack upon firing. I had some Hornady 17 HMR ammo that was about 10 years old. I shot a few out of the box,, 4 out of 5 cracked when fired. Hornady did replace the box when I called and asked them about the reason for cracking.

Jedman
01-03-2021, 06:27 PM
That is a beauty ! Never seen case colors on a newer Winchester that nice.

Jedman

pertnear
01-03-2021, 06:31 PM
Beautiful!

I'm jealous of the rifle & the scope.